Sami Khedira (30 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
https://www.calciomercato.com/news/...blemi-extra-campo-sarri-non-avava-stile-94430

- he loved to work here with chiellini, bonucci, buffon, dybala and mandzukic
- ronaldo is the best despite not defending at all
- sarri was stilo napoli but still nice to work with
- allegri is the best man he met in football
- dybala needs a bodyguard to perform, and there are too many people around him that do the talking. it took some time for him to stay focused and take care of his body. he still puts too much pressure on himself, wanna do the passing, create chances and be a leader at once. (that paragraph might actually be the first couple of critical phrases of dybala, alone for that it was a useful interview)
- the last second penalty vs real was absurd
- bonucci is the best defender to play long balls, but chiellini is king kong himself. he remembered an episode of an early training when he dominated everyone physically, then came chiellini and moved him; after that khedira thought "never conflict him again" lol
- he'd love to return once, he loves both juve and italy. wouldn't rule out working in tv, as a coach, or completely outside of football

big sami has spoken.
Always liked him and loved him, he always seemed like an intelligent player.

Bring him back!

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Sami Khedira, interviewed on the occasion of the final announcement of the candidates for the 2021 Best Awards, commented on the situation of Juve. The words taken from Sporface. STATEMENTS - "I'm a Juventus fan and I'm a bit sad. Two or three years ago Juve changed the idea of football and players a bit, they made mistakes but now they are trying to catch up. They didn't play badly but they didn't score many goals and this is the big problem. They lost Cristiano Ronaldo who scored many goals for this team. There is a completely new team, with young players, without much experience, there is a lack of balance, I think there are no leaders, except for Chiellini and Bonucci, but there are no midfielders. He played a good match with Napoli, but it's not a quality problem but a personality problem and I hope they can fix it ».

https://www.calcionews24.com/juve-khedira-lassenza-di-ronaldo-pesa-non-ci-sono-leader/

https://www.goal.com/de/meldungen/khedira-kimmich-haaland-weltfussballer/blt53d8044175b35a2e

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Interesting interview with Sami. Spot on about identity and club dna.

“If you sign somebody like Ronaldo, you get one one of the best players in history, you get more revenue, more Instagram numbers, more shirt sales, but there's also a different kind of pressure," Khedira said. "And maybe you risk losing some of your identity, especially at a club like Juventus. Not because he's a bad signing, but because maybe he doesn't fit your identity. And Juventus has a strong identity.
In fact, I remember talking to Mourinho in 2016 and he told me how much he loved Juve because they were one of the last clubs with a really strong DNA. It was about hard work and defending: think of that back line with Barzagli, Chiellini and Bonucci, or the midfield with me and Marchisio and Matuidi, all working hard in a certain way. And then you try to change and maybe you lose something, and some of the signings don't fit.
I gave everything every day for the shirt, because that was the club's DNA. But when you try to change, sometimes you lose that focus. Sometimes you can't copy what others do. Pep Guardiola is fantastic, but he's Pep Guardiola. You can't copy that."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)