Sami Khedira (54 Viewers)

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
imagine watching games from your couch and thinking you know better than the numerous top coaches who rate Sami.
Coaches get things wrong, there not always right, they have flaws...One goal in the CL in a 10 year career, hes a stat paddler against rubbish. You bring in 2 class midfielders to improve the midfield that was very poor but u want to bench one of them too play this has been? really smart.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I hope he does great this season. But boy who would have guessed, with Sarri and few new midfielders in, Khedira still starts. What year is this?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I hope he does great this season. But boy who would have guessed, with Sarri and few new midfielders in, Khedira still starts. What year is this?
Ramsey is still not ready and not even called up. On the other hand Khedira is a very intelligent player, he can adapt. If only he had the legs and lungs and wasn't made out of glass.

Jun 6, 2015
Coaches get things wrong, there not always right, they have flaws...One goal in the CL in a 10 year career, hes a stat paddler against rubbish. You bring in 2 class midfielders to improve the midfield that was very poor but u want to bench one of them too play this has been? really smart.
Thankfully we are always right, even without seeing the players in training. ;)

Seriously though Rabiot will more than likely play and I'm sure Ramsey will too once he's fit. Aaron isn't even in the squad for the first game.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Khedira has experience in different teams at the highest level. Maybe he understood and managed to better translate what new changes in our gameplay Sarri asked for.
Also its easier to impress when there are zero expectations form you.
From Pjanic and Ramsey, you may have such expectations and even if they deliver as expected, no one is impressed. Ramsey atm cannot even offer his standard work rate.
Bentacour + Emre are not that experienced and maybe they need a little more time to adapt in this Sarriball.
And Matuidi is not a versatile player and sometimes even looks too sloppy.
Khedira is always considered finished and he prolly did quite well and this swift backpassing with forward runs and counter attacks with long vertical penetrating balls, we ve seen that in the German NT.
What Sarri might not know, is that in the long run, he cannot rely on Sami 's presence...

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Khedira impress every coach just by walking and not being inyured. And occasionally showing up during the game because every coach knows he is snail-ghost creature.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I think that Khedira is our backup/rotation player behind Ramsey for the attacking box to box role. And I'm fine with this, maybe ideally he would be on lower wages but in general he's good for a rotation role, or coming in towards the end of a match when we need a goal.

In my mind, our midfield would consist of a DM (that can drive forward and has a decent pass in Sarri's system), a deep lying playmaker and an attacking box to box midfielder.

Rabiot is the prime candidate for the DM and Can is the backup.
Panic is the prime candidate for the playmaker with Benta being the backup.
And Ramsey is the prime candidate for the attacking box to box with Khedira being the backup plan.

Seems good I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)