Sami Khedira (109 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He's a great player, smart, big and always does the right thing which is why coaches like him. He doesn't look flashy to the fan watching on TV. My biggest issue with him is that you can't rely on him because of injuries.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Khedira: Not a mercenary!

Football Italia

10 Minutes Ago

Comments

Sami Khedira has insisted that he fought to stay at Juventus so he could win the Champions League and not just for the money.
Khedira was expected to be among the players leaving Juve over the summer, but the midfielder will instead form part of Maurizio Sarri’s plans for the new season.
“Sarri wants us to play in a totally different kind of way,” he told Kicker.

“For that reason, we’ve had some difficulties and we need time to adapt to the new system, but it’s normal.
“Playing a different kind of football, pressing, intensity, passion and intelligence. They’re all things that appeal to me.
“My knee is fine and I feel completely fit, I trust my body. Last season was unlucky for me. I wasn’t very happy, with all the injuries to my knee, the heart operation. I’d entered a negative spiral.
“I questioned everything: do I still have fire in my belly? Do I still have the right physical condition? I replied ‘yes’.
“If you play for Juve you always want to win the Champions League, you have to improve year after year. And I always want to be amongst the 11 starters.
“After a training session, I felt dizzy and I couldn’t see clearly. I warned the doctor, but I didn’t feel my life was in danger and the arrhythmia operation was almost routine.
“I’m convinced that I can get back to being at the highest level, otherwise you’d be talking to a pensioner and not the footballer Khedira. I can play at such a level for three more years.
“I haven’t talked to any other teams. I know there’s many of us and that Juve must sell. At 32 and having played just 17 games last season, I was always going to be scrutinised.
“It’s always been like that for me, but I’ve always ended up playing. With Juve, everything was clear from the start of preseason.
“I wouldn’t leave and I didn’t want to leave. I heard I was only staying for the money. That struck me because then the fans believed it. I’ve never played for money, only to win trophies.”
The 32-year-old was then asked about his side’s chances of a ninth straight Scudetto and a first Champions League since 1996.
“I want to make my dream of winning the Champions League with Juve come true because I love the club, the team and the city.
“We mustn’t hide. We didn’t buy Ronaldo or De Ligt to go out in the quarter-finals or semi-finals.
“The club are aiming to win the trophy, even if only thinking about that would be fatal. The title race this season will be more exciting than the last one.
“Inter have got stronger and taken a very good Coach in Antonio Conte, while Napoli must always be considered.
“We need to start the season focused and draw belief from that into Europe. It would be a good season for me if I could play 80 percent of the games and win the three main trophies with Juve.”

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So we are struggling to sell our players
Sami stays?! Its not that bad - I guess he could be an ok sub..
Matuidi we have to sell - I wonder if there is a destination Matuidi will accept..
Higuain - He said he is not leaving so that means we either sell Dybala or none of the two
Mandzukic to BDL - Shouldnt they start bidding for him or something?

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
So we are struggling to sell our players
Sami stays?! Its not that bad - I guess he could be an ok sub..
Matuidi we have to sell - I wonder if there is a destination Matuidi will accept..
Higuain - He said he is not leaving so that means we either sell Dybala or none of the two
Mandzukic to BDL - Shouldnt they start bidding for him or something?
We're selling none bar
Rugani
Emre Can
Dybala

sell youth keep retired players

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We're selling none bar
Rugani
Emre Can
Dybala

sell youth keep retired players
Emre Can will never be a starter here so who cares and we get money...
Rugani - He is 900th choice now so of course we need to sell
Dybala - This is the only place where you can think if its good or not - I hate to say it but maybe its a good thing.. I mean I like Dybala but maybe 80M will serve us better than him...
I dont expect Dybala to start so why not take the money and spend it on someone who might start or spend some of it on a sub and save some money.
Forget for a second its Dybala and think about how much we can get + wages - It is too much for a sub and right now he is a sub..

My guess is we are going to sell Dybala to PSG and get Icardi close to the end of the transfer window - I dont want Icardi but at least he will be a starter..

The only hope is that funny rumor about Dybala+100M for Neymar is real and PSG would like it - To be honest its something around the 1% likely to happen..

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
So someone like Khedira (who hardly adds anything to the team and 32 already) decides to stay we grant him his wish but a player who can really add quality to the team and desperately wants to stay like dybala, we shove him out of the club !!

Personally I think the management doesn’t have a real strategy or long term plans. We sell our young talented players to other clubs because others “simply“ wants to buy them (not that it’s our already planned move) we just want the money (doesn’t really matter who we sell at this point).

That’s reminds me of Pogba’s deal. We sold one of the brightest young talents in Europe to finance Higuain deal (who we’re right now desperate to sell but can’t).

What a freakin mess this management is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)