Sami Khedira - Mid- Real Madrid(freebie) (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
Gundogan is a great player but he would cost about 30 million and given his back injuries I would be worried about so much money invested on him. Khedira is a top player and would suit Juve's style excellently plus little risk with a free transfer... we do still need to do a thorough medical but I am less worried about his injuries than a spine injury which is what I think Gundogan had last season.

He seems like a great person and has the mentality it would take to be a star Juve player.

Jul 13, 2010
So you guys are saying, that he is underrated and misjudged at real? Because if he's not good enough for real, why would he for Juve. And for a rotation player, his wage is too high

Mar 30, 2006
So you guys are saying, that he is underrated and misjudged at real? Because if he's not good enough for real, why would he for Juve. And for a rotation player, his wage is too high
He is good enough for real.. he played 160 games for them and was there for 5 years. He was injured for most of last season and this season he was frozen out because he would not sign a new deal. He played under Mourinho and earned his role as a starter under Ancelotti but then tore his ACL in the friendly against Italy.

3 or 4 Million wage is really not much for a player of his level. Especially since he is a free transfer. Just think.. if we bought a mid for 15 million (without considering his wage) you could spread that over 5 years and it is the same as what we would spend on Sami who is a top level midfielder.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a great deal, don't understand how not everyone can see that.
I know.. people are arguing about his wages as if they were paying them! He is a world cup winner coming from Madrid on a free transfer. His Wages are negated by his transfer fee. Buying proven champions has been working for us lately so I think this transfer will follow that trend (e.g. Tevez, Evra, Pirlo)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Is this guy really that slow, or are people just looking at FIFA stats? I always thought he was just average speed. He also seems faster with the ball than without.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
Is this guy really that slow, or are people just looking at FIFA stats? I always thought he was just average speed. He also seems faster with the ball than without.
I watched quite a few RM games, and no, he isn't that slow. He's not that fast either, but that's normal considering his height and size.

Mar 30, 2006
I watched quite a few RM games, and no, he isn't that slow. He's not that fast either, but that's normal considering his height and size.
I think his speed is deceptive because of his height/long legs it looks like he is not moving as quick but he takes long strides so its not bad. I would rank him as average pace but not slow like Mertersacker or Terry.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
He's going to have a medical in the coming days, if everything is clear then he'll sign for us.

Honestly guys, this is a bloody good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)