Salgado to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Salgado is certainly a better attacker than Zebina, and he would give us that extra drive up the right flank. However, I consider his defensive skills to be not much better than that of Zebina's. Salgado sometimes is at fault for losing marks, however, his tackling is above average despite him being somewhat untimely.

Another issue we have here is that Salgado is obviously very poor in the air, and I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to field another short, inept player in the air in the back four. Zebina actually gives us more height and power, something we needed last year with all the difficulty dealing with crosses and highballs. Although, Zebina was outjumped by Zola at Cagliari last season, so I don't know. If we could get Salgado on the cheap, I say why not?

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Salgado is certainly a better attacker than Zebina, and he would give us that extra drive up the right flank. However, I consider his defensive skills to be not much better than that of Zebina's. Salgado sometimes is at fault for losing marks, however, his tackling is above average despite him being somewhat untimely.

Another issue we have here is that Salgado is obviously very poor in the air, and I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to field another short, inept player in the air in the back four. Zebina actually gives us more height and power, something we needed last year with all the difficulty dealing with crosses and highballs. Although, Zebina was outjumped by Zola at Cagliari last season, so I don't know. If we could get Salgado on the cheap, I say why not?
Hey, he allows you more depth, and also will cause more drive in training by Zebina.

Sep 28, 2002
zambrotta, chiellini, pessotto, zebina, biri (who will be back by the new year) and the new guy we got from torino. there's enough competition, blame capello for his stubborness.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Birindelli is not good enough for Juventus anymore IMO, Pessotto prefers the left side, Chiellini is a left-wingback, Zambrotta has never played right-back for a long period of time, Balzaretti is a left/central-back as well. The only real option we have on the right is Zebina, unless we play Pessotto.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Real Madrid must be making room on their roster for more strikers. :rolleyes:

Salgado? At 30 years, he had better come with a cheap or non-existent transfer fee. I hate spending real money on part-timers at the club. Especially bench part-timers.

Aug 12, 2005
No salgado please...
he has been making quite a lot of mistakes in Real Madrid...
he is not better than Zebina...

Why should we buy a player to compete with Zebina...?
he is getting enough pressure from the transfer talks...
HA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)