Salas (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He was very good... but he was very unlucky with injuries at Juve...plus LIppi didnt used him much.

I think that will be better for him to leave juventus. He is playing very good in River...and he seems to enjoy playing there.

OP

Chileno

May 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    True plus he is closer to his family and to his seleccion " la roja " making it better for us.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    yeap..... i really liked him... but his injuries were a real problem for juve and for him. Very very bad luck IMO..

buit he is playing much better now...i,m really happy for him.

OP

Chileno

May 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Salas is rethinking things over, it seems he hasn't stated if he wants to stay in River or not. He hasn't renued his contract and now will have to see about a few offers and than take a disition after his vacations.

OP

Chileno

May 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    Don't think he will he didn't get a good impresion of Juventus, the trainer didn't like him much.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I really liked Salas and I was happy when we signed him, but he was a huge disappointment. I remember when we first signed him, the fans sang in Spanish :touched: I still think he's capable of scoring goals, but we dealt a huge blow to his confidence. To be fair to him though, he didn't get that much of a chance. My vote still goes to him for best goal celebration of all time

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    It is a sad that he never found his place in Juve, i remember how good he was in Lazio. But i dont think we should bring him back at all, playing good in River is not the same as playing good in Juve. The only use Juve can have him for, is to use him in a swap + money deal to get Cavenaghi.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Salas' time in Juve failed, much because injuries and Lippi. So yes i dont want him back to Juve to see him fail a second time. It is smarter to use him in a deal to exchange with some player from River, maybe Cavenaghi since Juve has been interessting in him.

At least Cave has more potential to success, since he is younger too. But im not so very interessting im him.

bahraini

May 20, 2003
    i agree with u Hydde, injuries was his biggest problem for him,
    seems that lazio made a spell or something..:p
    it was so stange that he couldnt stay one full month without
    getting injured??

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    knee injury hurt him the most. he was looking to be an integral part of juves game plan with dp and trez. anyway, he has high wages and is playing well at river. lets include him in the cavenaghi deal and be done with it:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Salas was a brilliant player in his Lazio days but he never quite settled in Turin. Lengthy injury lay-offs messed him up big time, plus, his wages were probably starting to come into play. I think it's best that he stay with River.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)