Routines before match (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Do you have any routines before you watch or play a match?
Are you supersticious in the way that you for example have to wear white clothes or eat ham for breakfast at matchday?

One rountine I have is that I go to the park "Humlegården". It has become more or less a routine to listen to either Blitz or the fanband Coca carola.
This year we have brought a football so that we can play football against some of the other guys around, it has become more or less a tradition.
I am always at the stadium one hour or earlier in order to get a good seat.
I am not very supersticious when it comes to football. That is only in hockey and golf.
Once before a hockey game I decided to try to be supersticious. I tied my right skate first and enter the ice with the same skate. It ws my worst game ever, now I always do it in the reverse order.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Woh, fancy people here. I just buy beer before a match :D

Zambro - only supersticious for some sports but not football? :undecide: How does that work?!

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Woh, fancy people here. I just buy beer before a match :D

Zambro - only supersticious for some sports but not football? :undecide: How does that work?!
    Don't tell me you get drunk before you watch a game. It is the most stupid thing you can do, save that for afterwards. ;) When Last year Djurgården won with 3-0 against AIK I was somewhat drunk and it was fun at first but I didn't have full control of the game and that was very sad as they played so well. Now I never drink more than two or three beers.

I have never been supersticious when it comes to football. But I have notcied one good thing. My favourite teams always play better when I watch them on TV isn't that great. :extatic:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

My favourite teams always play better when I watch them on TV isn't that great. :extatic:
    You're very lucky...:down: i diddn't want to say it at 1st but i am usually the opposite :frown::groan::fero: Often if i miss a match or if it isn't telecasted for me, i'll listen for the results on radio 1st thing the next morning to find out that juve won, then from 8.30am to the replay which is usually at night i'll be like impatient to death :groan:

and when i do get to watch a match live... things usually take a turn for the worst :(:(

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Some friends of mine have to wear shorts when watching a match... freaks! :D

I can't wear any of Juve's away shirts when they play. That's bad luck... I don't consider myself supersticious, but they always play bad when I wear one... so I stopped doing it of course.

Before playing a match I really don't have any rituals. The only thing I do is warm up alone. I gotta be focused, and that wont happen if some mofo is yacking in my ear during the warm up.
    I also say hello to the ref and shake his hand, but that's just to make him like me and give me plenty of freekicks and penalties :D

During a match I talk alot of thrash... just to get my opponent pissed and make him screw up alot. Great trick, try it!

After the match, I shake the ref's hand again, and then some of the opponents and their coach too. Nothing supersticious there either. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)