Rotation System - REPORT (20 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
After 14 matches into this season - 10 in Serie A and 4 in the Champions League - Marcello Lippi has used the services of 22 squad players in his rotation system between matches. Only 4 players are yet to don the Bianconeri shirt this season: Chimenti, Mirante, Fresi, and Olivera.

Here is the list of players (in order) with the appropriate number of minutes played* during the 14 matches as well as the average minutes played per match.

G. Buffon -- 1,260 (90)
G. Zambrotta -- 1, 124 (80)
P. Nedved -- 1, 117 (79)
S. Appiah -- 1, 022 (73)
D. Trezeguet -- 968 (69)
A. Tacchinardi -- 923 (66)
L. Thuram -- 900 (64)
P. Montero -- 808 (57)
N. Legrottaglie -- 720 (51)
M. Di Vaio -- 674 (48)
E. Davids -- 591 (42)
M. Camoranesi -- 664 (47)
M. Iuliano -- 468 (33)
C. Ferrara -- 450 (32)
I. Tudor -- 424 (30)
F. Miccoli -- 423 (30)
A. Birindelli -- 411 (29)
A. Del Piero -- 384 (27)
E. Maresca -- 225 (16)
A. Conte -- 194 (13)
G. Pessotto -- 69 (5)
M. Zalayeta -- 14 (1)
A. Chimenti -- 0 (0)
A. Mirante -- 0 (0)
S. Fresi -- 0 (0)
R. Olivera -- 0 (0)

* approximate minutes (without including injury time of 1st and 2nd halves of matches)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thanks Fahad, great report, it is very interesting :thumb:

Altho Maresca is very underused! Come on Lippi, just 16 minutes per match? :(

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    interesting....
    What's more interesting is that:

Maresca is yet to see some Champions League action,

Di Vaio is the most player to come out of the bench, 6 matches.

Camoranesi is the most player to get substituted, 8 matches.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Lippi seems to sub Camoranesi every single time he plays, regardless of his performance.

Aug 1, 2003
    thats true, camo is always substituted. i think conte's still useful :p thanks fahad, really useful info.

wow, i didnt realize that zambo is more frequently used than nedved although the gap isn't big, but still, wow

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    wow, i didnt realize that zambo is more frequently used than nedved although the gap isn't big, but still, wow
    me too, quite surprised! and trez....he's ahead of tacchi....? :shocked:

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    I always knew that Zambro was one of the most used players. Last season he was second only to Buffon in terms of minutes played. He's so versatile !

excellent report dpforever .

I want to see Miccoli used more often.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Interesting stats dpforever, where did u get them from?

It's awesome to see superZambro running his legs off every match and still being very consistent. I also didn't realise that he plays more than Nedved. Trez is a surprise too :eek:

It's nice to see that Appiah's a fixture in the team in his first season...but Di Vaio only gets half a match!?

We need to use Miccoli more :thumb:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Conte's 194 minutes are 194 minutes too many, in my opinion.
    He hasn't been so bad when he's played, though I would like to see Maresca take over all of his minutes before next year.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    its good to c del piero in the bottom half of the list......
    great player, but we're seeing how the dependency levels on him have fallen without having ne negative effect on the team.

Aug 1, 2003
    what a good thing, gigi gets played everytime and hes practically a spectator most of the time :cool: :p

true, im still surprised zambo surpassed nedved and is still superconsistent. wow.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Fresi should have been sold or put in a swap...that Zaccardo for Fresi deal would have been more useful.

Olivera was a waste to keep....should have loaned him out.

anyone thinking that maybe this wednesdays coppa italia might see these two play, along with chimenti??

i really do hope so...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Agreed Adrian.

Fresi should have been sold long ago, and Olivera should've been loaned out as soon as we got him.

I hope Olivera starts against Siena, but moreso i'm looking forward to BENJAMIN making such an impact against Siena that he starts against Inter and overshadows Martins :D:drool:

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Lippi seems to sub Camoranesi every single time he plays, regardless of his performance.
    Yes .. I think Camo gets susbstituted more than anyone else because he is a tactical player and Lippi uses him to change tactics during the match from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-2-1 and in other cases Lippi has also used Miccoli in his place .. but I do think that Camo used to give better in the 4-4-2 formation played last season ..

++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    its good to c del piero in the bottom half of the list......
    great player, but we're seeing how the dependency levels on him have fallen without having ne negative effect on the team.
    Just in case you didn't notice, Del Piero is in the bottom half of the list only because he was injured for over 2 months ;)

As for Fresi, I think he was injured at the start of the season and have been playing with the Primavera ever since .. I think he even scored in the (Primavera) derby win ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)