Rosicky in Arsenal Talks (1 Viewer)

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
Desmond said:
I think they've gone one too far though. Arsene Wenger has an eye for talent, no doubt, and Rosicky is exactly the sort of player they'd buy, but they're overstaffed in that department and should focus on other areas in the team IMHO.
i agree, they have got ljungberg, reyes, hleb and van persie. wenger won't change the central midfield with fabregas and gilberto, and why should he, since it works. they should have spend the money on a striker, berbatov perhaps.

rosicky is good, but i think the one to watch this summer is van der vaart.

btw bremen just bought diego from porto, this could be a scoop for them like when they got micoud back then. in fact they are really good businessmen and have excellent scouts.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Desmond said:
I think they've gone one too far though. Arsene Wenger has an eye for talent, no doubt, and Rosicky is exactly the sort of player they'd buy, but they're overstaffed in that department and should focus on other areas in the team IMHO.
Maybe he will be converted to a winger, just like Hleb. I don't know where he's going to play otherwise, the only place there is left would be Gilberto's, but I can't imagine a central midfield with Rosicky and Fabregas - especially in the EPL.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Mr. Gol said:
Maybe he will be converted to a winger, just like Hleb. I don't know where he's going to play otherwise, the only place there is left would be Gilberto's, but I can't imagine a central midfield with Rosicky and Fabregas - especially in the EPL.
Their defense lacks, if Eboue plays like how he did in the CL, I think they have a chance of winning the premiership.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    Mr. Gol said:
    I can see something like this.

Lehmann

Eboue - Toure - Senderos - Cole

Hleb - Gilberto - Fabregas - Reyes

Rosicky

Henry

I see Rosicky as the replacement for Pires, however with Reyes and Ljungberg available on the flank I believe he will take a role behind Henry. I'm sure Rosicky could also be converted into an "anti-winger," very much like Wenger used Pires. Excellent move by Arsenal.

Oct 3, 2004
    Apologies for opening the other thread...I had no idea someone else had already started one.

Anyways, this is loss for Juve IMO. I honestly thought that Rosicky was the right man to be Nedved's successor. He's one of my favorite players too.

What adds insult to injury, is that he's gone to a club which I despise!!!

Best of luck Thomas! :)

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Rhizoid said:
    Apologies for opening the other thread...I had no idea someone else had already started one.

Anyways, this is loss for Juve IMO. I honestly thought that Rosicky was the right man to be Nedved's successor. He's one of my favorite players too.

What adds insult to injury, is that he's gone to a club which I despise!!!

Best of luck Thomas! :)
    This will teach you to use the Search function next time.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
    I think that Rosicky will play left wing for us and Reyes will warm the bench or maybe be sold after the world cup (either way I'm not too bothered). Great signing I think, look forward to seeing him next year.

We'll be signing a big name striker of June 4th.

And we'll probably get two more younger players; estimates are that Wenger still has £50M at his disposal.

(those bits are just for the guys who said we should have signed someone else).

Mar 6, 2005
    Good player, superfluous move, imo.. With Hleb pretty much securing one flank to his own, the other one's gonna be left to the likes of ljungberg, reyes,and Rosicky...
    I don't quite expect Wenger to leave Fabregas in the middle of the pitch all by himself either..

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
    Nawaf said:
    Good player, superfluous move, imo.. With Hleb pretty much securing one flank to his own, the other one's gonna be left to the likes of ljungberg, reyes,and Rosicky...
    I don't quite expect Wenger to leave Fabregas in the middle of the pitch all by himself either..
    Not really; it's squad depth.

Left wing; Rosicky, Ljungberg.

Right wing; Hleb, Walcott (who will start out as a winger for us before moving upfront).

Attacking central midfielders; Cesc, Rosicky and possibly new signing.

Strikers; Henry, RvP, Adebayor and new signing.

Reyes to be sold to Madrid after the world cup.

That's a perfectly balanced attacking portion of our squad; nothing superfluous about Rosicky's signing at all.

Mar 6, 2005
    northbank said:
    Not really; it's squad depth.

Left wing; Rosicky, Ljungberg.

Right wing; Hleb, Walcott (who will start out as a winger for us before moving upfront).

Attacking central midfielders; Cesc, Rosicky and possibly new signing.

Strikers; Henry, RvP, Adebayor and new signing.

Reyes to be sold to Madrid after the world cup.

That's a perfectly balanced attacking portion of our squad; nothing superfluous about Rosicky's signing at all.
    Sure, it's squad depth, but I don't know how effective Rosicky will be on the flanks anyways..

Besides, you have to consider that ultimately, someone's going to have to get used to sitting on the bench.. ;)

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
    True, but Ljungberg can't handle a full season anymore and Walcott is only young, so hopefully nobody is going to be too disappointed.

That's why I think Reyes will be sold, he's sort of the odd man out and really in 2 1/2 years hasn't done enough to cement a starting place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)