Rosicky in Arsenal Talks (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rosicky in Arsenal talks
By Chris Stanton - Created on 22 May 2006

Borussia Dortmund's Czech Republic international midfielder Tomas Rosicky is in talks with Arsenal.

The shock news was revealed by Rosicky's national team manager Karel Bruckner on Monday evening.

Rosicky was given leave of training by Czech Republic in Austria on Monday and it has now become apparent that he is holding talks with The Gunners, with Bruckner believing the player is already undergoing an Arsenal medical.

"I am surprised it did not come to light earlier. We have tried to keep our promise to keep quiet but I must now admit that Tomas is undergoing medical tests," said Czech national manager Karel Bruckner.

Dortmund had been in negotiation with Atletico Madrid over the possible transfer of the 25-year-old, however the move foundered after the clubs failed to find agreement on a transfer fee.

It now appears Arsene Wenger's side have jumped to the head of the queue for a player widely considered to be one of Europe's best midfielders.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=389184&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=2&title=Rosicky+in+Arsenal+talks

Well, Arsenal is making another smart move from the Bundesliga. Watch out for another Hleb except more talented. Why our management continues to let such players pass is beyond me and just pisses me off. Another top youngster travels to the EPL...what is this world coming to.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Andy said:
Rosicky in Arsenal talks
By Chris Stanton - Created on 22 May 2006

Borussia Dortmund's Czech Republic international midfielder Tomas Rosicky is in talks with Arsenal.

The shock news was revealed by Rosicky's national team manager Karel Bruckner on Monday evening.

Rosicky was given leave of training by Czech Republic in Austria on Monday and it has now become apparent that he is holding talks with The Gunners, with Bruckner believing the player is already undergoing an Arsenal medical.

"I am surprised it did not come to light earlier. We have tried to keep our promise to keep quiet but I must now admit that Tomas is undergoing medical tests," said Czech national manager Karel Bruckner.

Dortmund had been in negotiation with Atletico Madrid over the possible transfer of the 25-year-old, however the move foundered after the clubs failed to find agreement on a transfer fee.

It now appears Arsene Wenger's side have jumped to the head of the queue for a player widely considered to be one of Europe's best midfielders.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=389184&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=2&title=Rosicky+in+Arsenal+talks

Well, Arsenal is making another smart move from the Bundesliga. Watch out for another Hleb except more talented. Why our management continues to let such players pass is beyond me and just pisses me off. Another top youngster travels to the EPL...what is this world coming to.

Well Andy, I believe that at the moment our managment has more serious stuff to worry than transfers :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I actually dont expect our Club to purchase Rosicky or any-other, specially ATM, we're passing in a very delicate moment.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
same goes for Podolski, his club is asking 10 mil, and Bayern paying much less, y not get him? this is just an example, there are lots of talents out there, that could be bought with small amounts, but we always waste the chance to sign them..

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Good move for Arsenal.

I dont think Juve will purchase any players apart from the already signed free players, at least untill the whole scandal is over.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
like Espectro said, our boardmembers have plenty of other issues to be concerned about than transfers atm

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    Jem83 said:
    like Espectro said, our boardmembers have plenty of other issues to be concerned about than transfers atm
    So what? We have had the opportunity to buy Rosicky and other such starlets for years now, however Mr. Corruption and our favorite manager continues to pass them up. Scandal or no scandal, this policy of passing up talented players such as Rosicky is just utter nonsense.

But who are we to question the great Moggi...the man with a cellphone and a heavenly plan. Let's pass up a talented youngster just because his name is less than desirable when read in Italian. :rolleyes2

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Andy said:
    So what? We have had the opportunity to buy Rosicky and other such starlets for years now, however Mr. Corruption and our favorite manager continues to pass them up. Scandal or no scandal, this policy of passing up talented players such as Rosicky is just utter nonsense.

But who are we to question the great Moggi...the man with a cellphone and a heavenly plan. Let's pass up a talented youngster just because his name is less than desirable when read in Italian. :rolleyes2
    thinking we could bring a player like Rosicky here when the scandal is on-going is not living in the real world.

relegation could be looming for us and this kid wants to go to Arsenal, a European Cup finalist with a bright future that just moved into a brand new 60 000 seater stadium.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Andy said:
    Not that Moggi's opinion matters any more at this juncture does it...

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    Jem83 said:
    thinking we could bring a player like Rosicky here when the scandal is on-going is not living in the real world.

relegation could be looming for us and this kid wants to go to Arsenal, a European Cup finalist with a bright future that just moved into a brand new 60 000 seater stadium.
    I'm not talking about now, as obviously we might (and probably should) be heading down to Serie B this summer. I am talking about in the past when we have had the opportunity to buy such starlets on the cheap, yet instead buy mercenaries such as Vieira and Emerson for huge sums of money. Of course we're not going to lure a young player like Rosicky here because a) we might being going down (duh) and b) young starlets such as Rosicky should avoid the Capello Juventus like the plague. As a young player, would you want to come here? Unless your name is Ibrahimovic, I think not.

I guess Moggi was too busy handing out personal gifts to be worried about building for the future..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I think they've gone one too far though. Arsene Wenger has an eye for talent, no doubt, and Rosicky is exactly the sort of player they'd buy, but they're overstaffed in that department and should focus on other areas in the team IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)