Ronnie's Back with a Bang! (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Liga Report: Ronaldo Scores Twice On Real Debut

10/06/2002. Brazilian striker Ronaldo has sensationally scored twice on his Real Madrid debut as the Merengues beat Alaves 5-2 at the Bernabeu.

Zidane set the ball rolling in just the second minute as he superbly curled home from the edge of the area.

Guti could have made it 2-0 but Richard Dutruel did well to palm his near post shot away for a corner.

On 30 minutes Real won a penalty when Fernando Abelardo was adjudged to have fouled young Javier Portillo in the area. Up stepped Luis Figo to convert with ease.

However, just six minutes later Magno reduced the arrears when he converted from close range after Iker Casillas had made an initial save.

After the break Magno came very close to levelling when he headed inches wide.

Portillo then missed a golden opportunity to score on his full debut as he somehow missed an open goal after Guti's fine cross.

Martin Astudillo saw an effort well saved by Casillas before Alaves won a penalty of their own but Diego Alonso's feeble shot was held by the Real keeper.

On 58 minutes the moment the Real fans had all been waiting for arrived when Portillo was replaced by Ronaldo.

Within just a minute of his entrance he had netted when he drilled Roberto Carlos' cross into the ground, up and over Dutruel and into the top corner of the net. A fairy tale start.

Seven minutes later it was 4-1 as Figo dribbled into the area unchallenged and finished past Dutruel with the out side of his right-foot.

With ten minutes remaining Ronaldo bagged his second of the night when McManman found the Brazilian inside the area and he calmly curled the ball past the beleaguered Dutruel.

Alonso then netted a consolation for the visitors before Ronaldo spurned the perfect chance for a debut hat-trick when he collected a pass from Zidane but fired wide when well-placed.

Two goals in less than a half of play on his debut with Real Madird isnt bad at all!!! :eek:

I asked someone if Ronaldo will perform, with Real, as well as he did in his Barca days.
the answer i got was: "IF" he ever plays again!!

Well...he did and he scored twice.

I personally believe he will return to his best eventually (Like DP).

I dont think His World cup performance was so great, he was just pretty lucky.

any comments?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
i don't know what the defenders were doing on the first goal, they just stood there, and the second was quite easy all alone with the keeper.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
No i meant ignorant .. in a way, he can't handle situations (like Cuper, his wife, etc.) anyway, leaving the club and fans that supported u isn't the smartest thing to do .. ask Anelka !!

OP
Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    The only player who i think of as ignorant and arrogant is : Romario!! i HATE his personlity.
    Ronaldo at least smiles!!

In the confedorations cup, my friend went to the Hotel where the brazilian team stayed...he took pics and autographs with everyone. he told me that Ronaldo was very nice and Romario wouldn't even look at the camera while they were supposed to take a pic together!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)