Ronaldo (1 Viewer)

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
Just reflecting on some of R9's comments on the weekend, about willing to play for Inter again....As a Rossonero, I'm obviously not disappointed :) but with our San Siro cohosts heading for another horrible season - Back in those Ronaldo days the derbies were supercharged......now.......no comment. I'll always remember him being one of the main victims of a huge refereeing injustice in a game against Juve :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Forgive my ignorance, but I don't remember that situation.

Refresh my memory, if you don't mind.

Thank you.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I also don't remember.

btw, didn't R9 say he's happy at Real and isn't considering a move back to Inter?

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I also don't remember.
I think he's talking about one of the last games in the 97/98 season. Juve won the scudetto after beating Inter. Ronaldo was "brought down" in the area by (I think it was) Iuliano. The ref didn't give the penalty, and Inter had no chance of winning the league... or something like that (note: my memory sucks!)

We can argue for ages if it was a penalty or not. The ref didn't think it was and that's that.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
are inter considerin move for ronaldo? i doubt he'd play in intertoto
I don't think they're considering a move for him, i think he was just asked the question... now that Cuper's gone, would you consider going back to Inter?

++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

I think he's talking about one of the last games in the 97/98 season. Juve won the scudetto after beating Inter. Ronaldo was "brought down" in the area by (I think it was) Iuliano. The ref didn't give the penalty, and Inter had no chance of winning the league... or something like that (note: my memory sucks!)

We can argue for ages if it was a penalty or not. The ref didn't think it was and that's that.
Ahh thanks.

I wasn't really a fan at the time so I dunno. I heard about something like that though, I think it was on the last day of the season. AFAIR, that was before 97/98, but I guess I wasn't around football wise to remember that.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
If it is so, that's a pretty normal scenario. Not an extraordinary mistake......happens all the time.
To be fair it was very blatant and 30 seconds later Juve were awarded a penalty which Dp missed
But no matter what anyone says Juve deservedly won the scudetto that year as it could be argued that in our 1-0 defeat in the san siro to Inter, Inzaghi was harshly penalised for handball when he scored , a game in which we totally dominated and marked Davids debut for Juve, in which he was absolutely terrific

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
If it is so, that's a pretty normal scenario. Not an extraordinary mistake......happens all the time.
yes but when it happens in a decider match like that then thats some thing else.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)