Romelu Lukaku - Forward- Manchester United (10 Viewers)

How many goals will he score for Juve?[all comp.]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The sad thing is I do like Lukaku as a player, and wouldn't mind having him here. Just not like this.

- - - Updated - - -

And how did we, as a club, end up on the short end of the leverage stick in all of this? Man United don't NEED to sell him. We have obviously made it clear that we need to sell Dybala.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Stopping supporting or watching the club is just :inter:
Who cares about others opinion from internet forum. I do what I want to do. Life isn't only about football besides I lost a bit of interest with Juve since last season missing most of Serie A games and this transfer is just the culmination and living in Asia where matches are played on 2 AM here having to wake up or not sleeping at all only to watch this donkey play? Meh I'm not gonna do that shit anymore
Good for you for if you living in other part of the world where matches are played at convenient time. And I'm just casual fans anyway never buy authentic Juve shirts, not a premium member so I'm not contributing anything to Juve financial though the best I did as a fan was watching live match in Juve Stadium just once. And I don't think Juve board care with casual fans like me

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The sad thing is I do like Lukaku as a player, and wouldn't mind having him here. Just not like this.

- - - Updated - - -

And how did we, as a club, end up on the short end of the leverage stick in all of this? Man United don't NEED to sell him. We have obviously made it clear that we need to sell Dybala.
But why? His skill set is better suited for a running back. He's not going to magically turn into a turn-on-a-dime striker overnight.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Who else in here is already ok with this trade? I personally got over it. I have little hope that Dybala will fuck it up by refusing to go. Or asking for a very high salary from manure.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
I forgot where I read it , but someone had said that after this deal, this is it for big signings.
Romeo Agresti said it. That would be very bad, if true. I really hope we sell some more players, and then have money for one more big signing. We need something more, a creative force either upfront or in the midfield.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Someone needs to sit me down and explain to me how Lukaku is better than Dybala, both on an individual skill level and within the structure of the team and philosophy that Sarri runs.

I simply do not see it.

There is nothing that Lukaku does better than Paulo. And this is coming from someone who actually LIKES Lukaku.
Lukaku with his 9 million will cost the club less than Dybala and his 7. It is the new contract laws in Italy. Also it's a swap deal, they have probably trued for Pogba but failed miserably.

On a footballing aspect Lukaku is not better but our management does not give one damn thing about football. How many times have you heard them say that we can't improve the squad?

Appoining Sarri is also another proof that they don't care about the football, it's only a small potion that can get fooled by that.

CR7 was signed to promote our image and gain new fanbase.

DeLigt was signed to make profit, since when do we include release clauses?

Ramsey, Rabiot etc bought for free, it's not squad improvement. These are only investments for future sales.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
Lukaku with his 9 million will cost the club less than Dybala and his 7. It is the new contract laws in Italy.
Call me stupid but I highly doubt that is the case. If Lukaku signs here I believe his agents will get a fat paycheck from Juve in terms of commission so in the end it will probably even out. Also if this new contract laws have such a big impact why not renegotiate new contracts with existing team players? Like yo Dybala here's 9 mil on the new contract and we're not even adding a new year in it.. we just get to pay the state less.. I doubt he would have said no.

Bottom line is that we're not ditching Dybala for Lukaku due to new tax laws, that's BS. Even from a marketing point of view Dybala is a much bigger cash-cow than Lukaku will ever be.This is the management actually believing Romelu could perform better than Paulo in the Sarri setup. Which is quite sad.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
DeLigt was signed to make profit, since when do we include release clauses?

Ramsey, Rabiot etc bought for free, it's not squad improvement. These are only investments for future sales.
I'm as upset, as anyone about this transfer. But i think this is a bit over the top.
I'd assume most of the players has the release clause in the contract. Neymar was bought activating his, i doubt Barca was looking for profit there. And iirc, Messi had a clause in his contract, that was like 500mil. It has risen since then, bit it is still there. So i'd say this is standard practice. We might question if the release clause in high enough tho.

And i don't think we will make any money of the free transfers. Like we made 0 profit with Llorente, Pirlo, Dani Alves. And will probably make 0 profit from Khedira.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm as upset, as anyone about this transfer. But i think this is a bit over the top.
I'd assume most of the players has the release clause in the contract. Neymar was bought activating his, i doubt Barca was looking for profit there. And iirc, Messi had a clause in his contract, that was like 500mil. It has risen since then, bit it is still there. So i'd say this is standard practice. We might question if the release clause in high enough tho.

And i don't think we will make any money of the free transfers. Like we made 0 profit with Llorente, Pirlo, Dani Alves. And will probably make 0 profit from Khedira.
In Spain the release clause is obligatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)