Romelu Lukaku - Forward- Manchester United (6 Viewers)

How many goals will he score for Juve?[all comp.]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
How much of factor is it that lukaku has been playing for United in which no players seem to join and play as well as they did at their previous club? Pogba a perfect example.

Doesn't change the fact that he has flaws but clearly he looked a he'll of a lot better before joining United.

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
How much of factor is it that lukaku has been playing for United in which no players seem to join and play as well as they did at their previous club? Pogba a perfect example.

Doesn't change the fact that he has flaws but clearly he looked a he'll of a lot better before joining United.
He failed on Chelsea, he's failing on Manu... big fish in a little pond perfect example player

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Are you a Lukaku fanboy? @David01
Belgian and not active til we were linked to him.

Don't be all mad because i don't wanna trade your fellow countryman for Dybala.
I'm not mad about anything and certainly not about football, yes I'm Belgian and therefor would love to see a countryman at Juve for the first time and since we won't sign Hazard, DeBruyne or Mertens in the near future, I would love to see Lukaku here since I'm tired of all these PL fanboys all around me. Besides I truly believe we need Lukaku more than Dybala because of the way Sarri intends to play this season. I thought this was a forum where people discuss football, it doesn't mean I have to agree with everybody, hence the word 'discuss'. I don't care if you agree or not, it's only my opinion.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Let's look at Lukaku's strengths and weaknesses.

Strengths:

- Fast
- Strong
- Athletic
- Good in the air

Weaknesses:

- Poor ball control
- Not good dribbler
- Average finisher
- Very streaky

Looking at that, Lukaku is a totally different beast compared to Dybala who is vastly superior in ball control, finishing, and dribbling. People who point LuKaku WaS gOOD aT EveRtON need to watch him more closely. He is at his best when his team play on the counter which maximize his strengths but Sarri doesn't play counter attacking football in fact, his possession football suit Dybala better than Lukaku so why is Sarri keeping his mouth shut when he is gonna get a striker who will obviously struggle to adapt to his system due to these shortcomings? I feel Sarri is using Paratici as a shield for protect himself so when a bad run of form happen, he will use it to defend himself from criticisms and which the management receive the entire blame.

Sarri is just as complicit in this as the board but many here are saying Sarri can't do anything when it's part of his damn job to let the powers above know which player fits and which player doesn't and what players he need. FFS even Higuian is superior to Scrubkaku and he is done as a professional footballer.
The problem with lukaku he likes the ball played in front of him to run onto rather than to his feet so to say. But that sort of forward wont get that sort of space against most Italian sides who defend deep

- - - Updated - - -

Some times I wish we bought piatek when we had the chance :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not mad about anything and certainly not about football, yes I'm Belgian and therefor would love to see a countryman at Juve for the first time and since we won't sign Hazard, DeBruyne or Mertens in the near future, I would love to see Lukaku here since I'm tired of all these PL fanboys all around me. Besides I truly believe we need Lukaku more than Dybala because of the way Sarri intends to play this season. I thought this was a forum where people discuss football, it doesn't mean I have to agree with everybody, hence the word 'discuss'. I don't care if you agree or not, it's only my opinion.
I disagree in the sense lukaku is a better fit for sarri. Dybala technically is superior, to play these quick 1-2s is more dybala's game than lukaku's

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Fair enough. My opinion is Lukaku isn't suited at all for Sarriball and the Higuain comparison you made yesterday doesn't hold up at all, as he's way better with the ball, a better passer and more involved in build up play as well.

I'd have liked to see Dybala in a Mertens role before we just dump him like that, and Sarri would have liked to try him out as well i guess. But now we'll never get to see it, which sucks.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Fair enough. My opinion is Lukaku isn't suited at all for Sarriball and the Higuain comparison you made yesterday doesn't hold up at all, as he's way better with the ball, a better passer and more involved in build up play as well.

I'd have liked to see Dybala in a Mertens role before we just dump him like that, and Sarri would have liked to try him out as well i guess. But now we'll never get to see it, which sucks.
it all depends on the support Lukaku gets, at ManU he was often alone in the forward position especially under Mourinho, who was supposed to help him? at Belgium he has Hazard, Debruyne and Mertens behind him and he thrives with them, I believe we can copy that at Juve with Ronaldo cutting inside from the left, Costa feeding him crosses from the right and Pjanic as a playmaker in midfield. it's not blind patriotisme, I believe that is the idea of our board as well.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
it all depends on the support Lukaku gets, at ManU he was often alone in the forward position especially under Mourinho, who was supposed to help him? at Belgium he has Hazard, Debruyne and Mertens behind him and he thrives with them, I believe we can copy that at Juve with Ronaldo cutting inside from the left, Costa feeding him crosses from the right and Pjanic as a playmaker in midfield. it's not blind patriotisme, I believe that is the idea of our board as well.
We might as well have hired martinez rather than sarri

David01

Aug 20, 2006
We might as well have hired martinez rather than sarr
do you have any non-sentimental reason to think that Dybala would thrive as a f9 in Sarri's 4-3-3? because I don't, Allegri tried every possible formation last year and he repaid him with 5 goals! I can understend your sympathy for Dybala but what is the best formation for him? it certainly isn't a 4-3-3

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Difference is allegri was a very pragmatic coach which required dybala to fulfill different roles. It's clear to me dybala is better close to the front rather than go hunting for the ball and play between the lines. I certainly think our link up play upfront with the ball at feet would be better with dybala. I dont see him as a player who plays behind a front 2, he definitely has goals in him but I feel he would thrive better under a manager who will allow him to express himself like I envisage sarri to be

- - - Updated - - -

yes well that was easy, all I had to do was kick the ball forward and he bulldosed his way to score, he was already a giant, you think any 14 year old could have stopped him!
There seems to be a trend of african players at youth levels who look twice the size of height and build than many in their age category

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
I like Dybala. However, all of you saying that he is good with link up play and 1-2s....where is the evidence? Because I have seen very little of that from him in his time here. He has a cannon left leg and that is just about it honestly. Not a very fast player, not a great dribbler, but the man can score when he gets the ball around or in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)