Rolling stone album list (2 Viewers)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
The respected music magazine Rolling stone made a top 500 best albums ever list.
I guess I can accept that they put Beatles "Sgt peppers lonely hearts club band" on top.
But Beach boy's "Pet sounds" as the second best album ever. I don't think you even can call it music. It just doesn't get any worse than beach boys. Britney spears is like a sweet symphony compared to these guys.
The list goes on with mostly Beatles. Music that was good 45 years ago but so much better music has been produced since. No their list was a big disappointment.

This list is more like it:

1. Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon

2. Metallica - Metallica (Black album)

3. Marvin Gaye - What's going on

4. Pink Floyd - The wall

5. U2 - The Joshua tree

6. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brickroad

7. CCR - Green river

8. Metallica - Master of puppets

9. Nirvana - Nevermind

10. Pearl Jam - Ten

11. Guns n' roses - Appetite for destruction

12. America - America

13. Dire straits - On every street

14. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin

15. Red hot chili peppers - Californication

16. Bruce Springsteen - The river

17. Guns n' roses - Use your illusion II

18. Radiohead - Ok computer

19. Michael Jackson - Thriller

20. Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman

21. Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

22. Chris Rea - The road to hell

23. Curtis Mayfield - Superfly

24. Deep Purple - Made in Japan

25. Oasis - What's the story

26. Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

27. Prodigy - Fat of the land

28. The who - Who's next

29. AC/DC - Back in black

30. Nicoali Dunger - Tranquil Isolation

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
OK, with all due respect Zambro, have you even heard the "Pet Sounds" album?

That, along with Dylan's "Blonde on Blonde" album, may be the single finest work of American music ever created.

If you've listened to the album, and not like it, that's one thing, but if you just go off saying that they are worse than Britney Spears :wallbang: without hearing it first, then what are you basing it on?

And where is "Blonde on Blonde" on this list of yours, anyway??:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I, Bulldog, will counter with Public Enemy's "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back", and De La Soul's "3 feet high and rising", for if it wasn't for De La Soul, hip-hop artists would still be only sampling James Brown, instead of such diverse musicians as The Doobie Brothers, Hall & Oates, Johnny Cash, Parliament Funkadelic, Sly Stone, and Earth Wind & Fire.

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
    OK, with all due respect Zambro, have you even heard the "Pet Sounds" album?

That, along with Dylan's "Blonde on Blonde" album, may be the single finest work of American music ever created.

If you've listened to the album, and not like it, that's one thing, but if you just go off saying that they are worse than Britney Spears :wallbang: without hearing it first, then what are you basing it on?

And where is "Blonde on Blonde" on this list of yours, anyway??:D
    I have listened to "pet sounds". We all have different tastes in music, and I'm sorry to say it but it is unbareable.

The reason Bob Dylan is not in this list is because I only have his "Best of" album and I don't know which songs that comes from which albums. That goes for some other artists as well. :)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

26. Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
    woah :eek: I'm not the only one. That is actually my favorite Pearl Jam record, and others doesn't seem to like it. Oh well... guess I'm not alone after all.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    Californication shouldnt be that high. in fact, it shouldnt be there at all.
    First of all this is my personal list, it is not based on what music that is actually technically good. It is based on the music I like.

Californication has a number of really great songs. In my opinion it is the best record made in the last five years, not like it's a merit but anyways. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)