Rolando Mandragora (5 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This guy would have been a safe bet for €26m, right age and quality to play as a rotational player for us. I can understand if we are going to take up that option even after his ACL injury but it comes with significant risk and puts a good portion of the budget on a player who we won't see until at least January, and who will probably need a full season to really make any impact.

As it is Udinese I expect us to do this business with them, probably for De Paul as well. I can see us sending Nicolussi or someone else there with a similar buyback option.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We had already 'signed' him, I doubt we can go back on that because of the injury. Very unfortunate situation for every party involved.

IIRC they had said 6 months out, so around December, which means january to start to pop up. Second half of the season absolutely to see him back in a match.

He would be our only actual DM, also useful in the center of a back 3 as well. Would be an useful player for rotations but who knows how difficult will be for him to recover form after this injury. He could be simply loaned out as soon as he recovers so he can play more and continue his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Always followed him at every level since he was so present for club and (youth) country.

He captained the U21 team of Lorenzo Pellegrini, Chiesa, Zaniolo, Kean, Barella, Locatelli, Meret, etc. He generally had the more mature head.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
From the very very little I've seen, has a good left foot, but like most Italian talent, looks somewhat slow/soft. |Just lacks athleticism and dynamics.

Jun 16, 2020
This mercato. So many unexpected things happen, unbelievable. Absolutely nobody saw this coming.

- - - Updated - - -

what was the original option again? 26m?
Yeah but they bought him for 20m a few years ago from us, and now we pay 10m + bonus? Probably we’re obligated to buy one of their players for a inflated price again.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
This mercato. So many unexpected things happen, unbelievable. Absolutely nobody saw this coming.
dimarzio reported some weeks ago that we wouldn't take our option and the player will stay with udinese.

btw i'm happy for the guy, i genuinely think he can become a squad player for us. he's only 23 with plenty of serie a experience. too bad for his injuries, still, 10m is a tolerable risk.

Jun 16, 2020
dimarzio reported some weeks ago that we wouldn't take our option and the player will stay with udinese.

btw i'm happy for the guy, i genuinely think he can become a squad player for us. he's only 23 with plenty of serie a experience. too bad for his injuries, still, 10m is a tolerable risk.
Yes, it wasn’t sarcasm. Nobody expected this.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I was going to say fraud accounting given that Juve recognized profit and revenue on his "sale". But atleast the transfer fee brings some doubt to the fraud point-of-view. €10m for Mandragora is okay I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)