Rodrigo de Paul - Midfielder - Atletico Madrid (11 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
One of the best in the world at that position I would think
Ideally yes, maybe not necessarily (for a scudetto). More than enough examples of players, who were not in that category when signed, that lifted a top team.
Then you can maybe count them in that category afterwards, I guess... But I'd start with signing reliable performers instead of those hot-'n-cold guys. Someone like Locatelli falls into that category with room for growth, as does Aouar, Mavinga, etc... De Paul is relatively expensive as he probably won't develop much further and is looking for a big contract at this point.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ideally yes, maybe not necessarily (for a scudetto). More than enough examples of players, who were not in that category when signed, that lifted a top team.
Then you can maybe count them in that category afterwards, I guess... But I'd start with signing reliable performers instead of those hot-'n-cold guys. Someone like Locatelli falls into that category with room for growth. De Paul is relatively expensive as he probably won't develop much further and is looking for a big contract at this point.
Id go for Aouar personally, hes already playing at a high level and is ready for the next step. But he might be too expensive. Lets see

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Id go for Aouar personally, hes already playing at a high level and is ready for the next step. But he might be too expensive. Lets see
Yeah, I mentioned him in the edit. I wouldn't label him as world class (yet) but he's probably better than our current CMs and certainly a better fit in how we want to play. I'd like Locatelli and Aouar here but I'm afraid it's already a financial stretch.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
De Paul and Loca

Both really good players and we aren’t getting better than either of them. Aouar and Pogba are pipe dreams.
Pogba, definitely.

Aouar, not so much.

Watch out for Gravenberch.

No to Kebaboglu, another modicum of mediocrity who's likely to command high wages and wouldn't significantly improve us - we'll be stuck with him for the foreseeable future, should we choose to pursue that course of action.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
De Paul and Loca

Both really good players and we aren’t getting better than either of them. Aouar and Pogba are pipe dreams.
Is it fair to say current Pogba at MU over the last couple of years is better than what they have been in Italy recently?

We aren't in a position to take a risk on Pogba (given finances to support his move) IMO so it makes more sense to shop Localtelli. (lol)

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see if Conte stays in the first place.
Unless Inter collapse financially I don't see him moving.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Is it fair to say current Pogba at MU over the last couple of years is better than what they have been in Italy recently?

We aren't in a position to take a risk on Pogba (given finances to support his move) IMO so it makes more sense to shop Localtelli. (lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Unless Inter collapse financially I don't see him moving.
We need both pogba and Locatelli

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)