Rodrigo de Paul - Midfielder - Atletico Madrid (7 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
All our midfielders suck!

Rabiot is a useless insipid spineless French Pussyfag with 0 grinta and no hustle: he's a passenger in most games. He earns way too much considering what he offers.

Arthur looks to be another hyped yet useless Lolzilian, but I'm willing to give him next season to prove me wrong. He's also a pussy, just not as big of one as Rabiot.

Bentancur showed promise, but his growth seems to have stagnated, possibly regressed even. He's unreliable and error prone, in addition to being a card magnet.

Ramsey is as useless as they come. Often injured, overpaid and underperforming. He may have been talented and relevant over half a decade ago, but now he's just a decrepit liability.

McNuggets has been a pleasant surprise, but he's no Vidal. He is definitely worth keeping, but he shouldn't be a starter, unless we harbor no further ambitions of progressing as a club.
Thing is we will not buy 3 starting quality midfielders, even if we need it. We'll be very very very lucky to get 2 and use the most in-form guy from the duo McKennie - Arthur as a third. Let Fagioli and some other youngsters be option 5 and 6.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You have the audacity to call me delusional after spewing that nonsense about Belotti being better than Dybala :howler: :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is we will not buy 3 starting quality midfielders, even if we need it. We'll be very very very lucky to get 2 and use the most in-form guy from the duo McKennie - Arthur as a third. Let Fagioli and some other youngsters be option 5 and 6.
We won't. We should, but it's not going to happen. We wouldn't be in this mess if... But oh well. Tootsie is great.

We definitely need two mids, but I'm not sure Locatelli and De Paul will get us where we need to be.

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We won't. We should, but it's not going to happen. We wouldn't be in this mess if... But oh well. Tootsie is great.

We definitely need two mids, but I'm not sure Locatelli and De Paul will get us where we need to be.
Nah, indeed. That's not good enough. At least one of those 2 has to be proven class.

Last edited:

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
You have the audacity to call me delusional after spewing that nonsense about Belotti being better than Dybala :howler: :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

1617095228292.png

Now shut up.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Not fit enough? He had Covid and was overplayed like no other. I wouldn't exactly say that.

Not reliable, maybe not. But it's hard to be reliable enough when you're a running midfielder and we barely get the ball thrown inside the box from actual dangerous positions, let alone have other threatening presences there.

I like what I saw. That doesn't mean I think he's starting quality for what we're gunning for. I agree on that. I even think the same goes for De Paul, who's obviously better now.
he had the 'rona back in october, he reportedly got through it without any symptoms. he played a full 90 minutes vs barcelona, arguably the highlight match of his short juve career, then he regressed physically. in 2021, he visibly runs out of gas after an hour or so. he only played 6 full matches since the barca away game, mostly against lesser teams like bologna and crotone. it also was reported that he had physical issues, suffered a smaller injury vs sassuolo, and pirlo confirmed after the spezia match that mckennie can't play more than 60 minutes. pardon my poor english, i thought the best way to describe it was "not fit enough".

overplayed? he played 9 full matches out of 40 official matches this season. his average playtime per match is 52 minutes (barely 40 minutes when he doesn't play a full match). you can argue that he should have been rested instead of playing ~20 minutes against cagliari or toro, and a youngster like fagioli should be given more chance, and i'd agree, but i wouldn't call mckennie overplayed, especially not in the last 2 months with only one single full match and two others when he played more than an hour.

i also like what i see for a young, inexperienced player, but calling him our best midfielder, or that weird and unnecessary vidal comparison from tuttosport the other day aren't too accurate.

back on topic: de paul would play more than mckennie, and would create much, much more than weston. would it make de paul our best midfielder? probably. that's the state of our midfield now.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
he had the 'rona back in october, he reportedly got through it without any symptoms. he played a full 90 minutes vs barcelona, arguably the highlight match of his short juve career, then he regressed physically. in 2021, he visibly runs out of gas after an hour or so. he only played 6 full matches since the barca away game, mostly against lesser teams like bologna and crotone. it also was reported that he had physical issues, suffered a smaller injury vs sassuolo, and pirlo confirmed after the spezia match that mckennie can't play more than 60 minutes. pardon my poor english, i thought the best way to describe it was "not fit enough".

overplayed? he played 9 full matches out of 40 official matches this season. his average playtime per match is 52 minutes (barely 40 minutes when he doesn't play a full match). you can argue that he should have been rested instead of playing ~20 minutes against cagliari or toro, and a youngster like fagioli should be given more chance, and i'd agree, but i wouldn't call mckennie overplayed, especially not in the last 2 months with only one single full match and two others when he played more than an hour.

i also like what i see for a young, inexperienced player, but calling him our best midfielder, or that weird and unnecessary vidal comparison from tuttosport the other day aren't too accurate.

back on topic: de paul would play more than mckennie, and would create much, much more than weston. would it make de paul our best midfielder? probably. that's the state of our midfield now.
I see what you mean but the overall numbers don't grasp how he had a window where he played too much in a short span of time and that's the thing that broke him. I'd expect him to recover now for the final part of the seaso .

I'd agree on the bold part. But would switching the other 2 midfielders, being Bentancur/Rabiot/Ramsey make more of a difference? Hell yeah. One of the biggest problems is our complacent mentality. So those guys should definitely be first in line with their soft and slow play.

The Tuttosport shit is just a statistic. But do remember Vidal walked into a war machine of a team and not this dysfunctional shit. Don't throw away the child with the bathwater I'd say about McKennie.

- - - Updated - - -

Now get those numbers for last season, please.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...But would switching the other 2 midfielders, being Bentancur/Rabiot/Ramsey make more of a difference? Hell yeah. ...
i agree with that, check my previous post: https://www.juventuz.com/threads/rodrigo-de-paul-midfielder-udinese.44370/page-11#post-6312783
i agree that he doesn't need to be replaced. our high earners (ramsey, rabiot) and those with higher playtime (bentancur) need to be upgraded.

mckennie needs to stay as a squad player. same goes for one of rabiot and bentancur. ramsey should be sold. i wouldn't stick with arthur either, but with his high book value, he's virtually unsellable (or can be sold with a similar scheme we bought him with, but it means an other incoming player with an inflated book value, and this strategy is unsustainable). i guess locatelli is supposed to replace rabiot, de paul would replace ramsey, and it's probably a good start.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Even you must possess some semblance of intelligence, an inkling of logic to understand that stats mean nothing without context. Oh wait. Belotti is the focal point of Torino's attack, and he has played nearly 1600 minutes more and 14 more games. I'm sure with Mr. 30+ million demanding the ball and the glory, Belotti will have nothing like these figures at a club like Juventus.

Thank you and good night.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Even you must possess some semblance of intelligence, an inkling of logic to understand that stats mean nothing without context. Oh wait. Belotti is the focal point of Torino's attack, and he has played nearly 1600 minutes more and 14 more games. I'm sure with Mr. 30+ million demanding the ball and the glory, Belotti will have nothing like these figures at a club like Juventus.

Thank you and good night.
:sergio:

Dybala would never put up those numbers playing for Torino. Belotti is a different beast mentally wise.

Good night my silly friend.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:sergio:

Dybala would never put up those numbers playing for Torino. Belotti is a different beast mentally wise.

Good night my silly friend.
I am not your friend and I would never want to associate myself with someone as stubborn and as dense as you. Palermo Dybala shits all over your overrated Belotti.

Mentally? LMAO. Belotti literally has ZERO expectations on his shoulders. He plays for a joke of a club, and for Italy, he has been average.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
I am not your friend and I would never want to associate myself with someone as stubborn and as dense as you. Palermo Dybala shits all over your overrated Belotti.

Mentally? LMAO. Belotti literally has ZERO expectations on his shoulders. He plays for a joke of a club, and for Italy, he has been average.
So if I visit Thailand, you won't meet me to have some football chat? stop hating, man.

Dybala has made Juventus a joke, how does that feel? and he doesn't get a single minute for the national team.

Topic closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)