Rodrigo Bentancur (14 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Imo he's a better player than people here give him credit for. It's just that most fans tend to evaluate players based on a couple of key incidents rather than the whole performance. I think footie fans weirdly struggle to understand how important the off the ball stuff is and only concentrate on the on the ball stuff, which is only about 5% of the game. There's a reason why he has been a starter under every single coach that has been at Juve during his time here. Imo Conte will like him as a player. Also Conte is probably the best coach in getting players that are low on confidence believing in themselves again

Imo 30 million seems a fair price for a player of his quality. Would have been higher had he not lost his form in the last year or so, but then again we wouldn't be selling him if he was still performing like he did during that Sarri season for example. Overall had positive impact here, especially if you look at what he cost.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Imo he's a better player than people here give him credit for. It's just that most fans tend to evaluate players based on a couple of key incidents rather than the whole performance. I think footie fans weirdly struggle to understand how important the off the ball stuff is and only concentrate on the on the ball stuff, which is only about 5% of the game. There's a reason why he has been a starter under every single coach that has been at Juve during his time here. Imo Conte will like him as a player. Also Conte is probably the best coach in getting players that are low on confidence believing in themselves again

Imo 30 million seems a fair price for a player of his quality. Would have been higher had he not lost his form in the last year or so, but then again we wouldn't be selling him if he was still performing like he did during that Sarri season for example. Overall had positive impact here, especially if you look at what he cost.
True but those key incidents can cost you the whole game

Jun 6, 2015
True but those key incidents can cost you the whole game
Agree, he made a couple of really bad mistakes last year. I just think that you should look at every performance individually and not let past mistakes cloud the judgment.

Anyways I think he's a player that can benefit from a move because there's clearly some package he's carrying himself from those bad mistakes he made. If we get a player that is of more use to us and a decent amount of money I think everyone should be happy.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Exactly. People don't value work rate as if every player can just do it if they choose to. They can't.

No one cares about the transition phases either. When we lose the ball, this guy covers way better than most. He will take a yellow every time if he has to, Rabiot will be adjusting his hair.

Benta can pass straight into his own goal and cost us a goal, fine. But Rabiot can cost a goal just the same by being a pussy and not closing down. A goal is a goal.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Exactly. People don't value work rate as if every player can just do it if they choose to. They can't.

No one cares about the transition phases either. When we lose the ball, this guy covers way better than most. He will take a yellow every time if he has to, Rabiot will be adjusting his hair.

Benta can pass straight into his own goal and cost us a goal, fine. But Rabiot can cost a goal just the same by being a pussy and not closing down. A goal is a goal.
That's why both will be offloaded :D

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
At the price point being discussed, if Zakaria proves to be of the same level then this is good business.

Same midfield quality and money in the bank

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Both are bad, plz admit it.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
It seems #Tottenham offered close to 25mln for Rodrigo #Bentancur: a number that could convince #Juve. In the next hours there will be more contacts. For #Kulusevski they are working on the loan formula (of course #Juventus want obligation at 33/35).

[@averagejuventinoguy]

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Also he’s a yellow card magnet.
Not this year, though. Only one yellow in 26 matches. He's the team leader in tackles and interceptions, but all those were clean ones.
I still think that most of the hate he gets is due to that unfortunate decision by Pirlo to give him the playmaking and last man in front of defense role.

This being said, I have no objections here. He might be better than all our midfielders bar Locatelli, but just like the other 4, he needs to leave. We have to start selling from somewhere. Would have been better if it was someone else, but selling Benta's good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)