Rodrigo Bentancur (19 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Okay so every midfielder who is not like Kevin de Bruyne doesn't deserve a place in the squad.
That’s quite a quantum leap, man. I’d simply just say that a midfielder should be able to offer something in a department. Due to his lack of technical attributes, people talk him up as a tactical or coverage player. But I don’t really think someone who is clearly not comfortable with the ball at his feet can be considered worth keeping that vehemently.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I wouldn't feel happy or sad if he left.
He isn't the biggest priority for replacement in the midfield position.
Till Ramsay and Rabiot are in the squad Bentancur isn't the problem

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
What about Arthur? Surely his yearly costs of 20 million is not worth it.
Arthur is a lost cause because of the books value and we'll never find someone to sell him without a loss.
But at least if healthy he can offer something to the team.

So my priority of midfielders we should sell is the following:

Ramsey
Rabiot
Arthur/Bentancur
McKennie

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
For 20m I wouldnt sell him. U cant find better replacement for that money. For 30m I consider. Either way we only have 1 very good mid, although not WC, Locatelli. We need at least 2 of the similar level to move forward. Rabiot, Arthur, Ramsey, can fo.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Dont forget, we sold them pjanic for 50, and he plays in besiktas now... Soo this wasnt huge minus.
ye we traded Pjanic for 60m and Arthur for 82 (76+6bonus) so in the end Pjanic+22m
And he hasn't have a full season yet after 2years

- - - Updated - - -

For 20m I wouldnt sell him. U cant find better replacement for that money. For 30m I consider. Either way we only have 1 very good mid, although not WC, Locatelli. We need at least 2 of the similar level to move forward. Rabiot, Arthur, Ramsey, can fo.
I'd agree with you but if those 20m now can make us get Vlahovic NOW I would accept them and use them to get Vlahovic
Bentancur is a sub anyway and not playing that much anyhow

Last edited:

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey... they're all bottom tier trash for me. I'd be happy to ship any of them off when the opportunity comes. I don't really have much of a preference between them.
Selling bentancur would be like a new signing

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey... they're all bottom tier trash for me. I'd be happy to ship any of them off when the opportunity comes. I don't really have much of a preference between them.
Selling bentancur would be like a new signing
Ramsey is a lot more useless. Benta and Rabiot are very similar though, only one has a 7m salary and the other a 2.5m salary for roughly the same output. I know which one Id keep, even if we can get 5m more for Rodrigo.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Ramsey is a lot more useless. Benta and Rabiot are very similar though, only one has a 7m salary and the other a 2.5m salary for roughly the same output. I know which one Id keep, even if we can get 5m more for Rodrigo.
In theory, yes. But neither is hardly in demand, so I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Do we have to replace tho? Fagioli, Rovella and Ranocchia out on loan
No reason not to give these inexpensive options a shot before spending money (more wasted?) outside Juve. Ramsey of course and Rabiot I would unload ASAP. Bent lower salary and still what, only 24. Seems like a good defensive mid to have on the team. Maybe Max can get his head back to where it once was with better decision making.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
IMO Bentancur's biggest issue is his mentality. He's still young and definitely got a talent in there, I wouldn't be surprised if working for Gerrard would ultimately improve him both mentally and technically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)