Rodrigo Bentancur (25 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
When you lose a ball as frequently as he does, it's a huge issue. It undermines entire team's efforts. Taking risks is fine, but not infront of your own box and not in a way he does. Often you can see it from a mile away that what he intends to do wont end well for us. He goes into a dribbling when he is completely closed down. Im not gonna lower my standards of what Id expect from our midfielders. Its very simple, dont clown around near our goal for a start
That's the position he plays in when we're building up play from the back so he has to take risks there. The other option would be to go longer and not build from the back as often but that is not what Pirlo wants and I doubt we'll change our approach so drastically. Bentancur needs to improve and make less mistakes. However he can't start go hiding and not asking for the ball in those more difficult positions because then he is not playing his role. As a player you need to accept that you'll make some mistakes when you play that role in the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
in first half he had three losses that normally end with an opposition goal, he was so bad, couldnt stand him.
Prolly his worst game in a long while. After 3 years of being here, I expected more this season from him, he is coming off the right age, as he will either make the next step by improving his consistency, concentration, reduce mistakes or we will need to look elsewhere.

Last night was not acceptable in any way, it was unproffessional and disrespectful, the way he played.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the position he plays in when we're building up play from the back so he has to take risks there. The other option would be to go longer and not build from the back as often but that is not what Pirlo wants and I doubt we'll change our approach so drastically. Bentancur needs to improve and make less mistakes. However he can't start go hiding and not asking for the ball in those more difficult positions because then he is not playing his role. As a player you need to accept that you'll make some mistakes when you play that role in the team.
No, he doesnt need to take risks infront of our box, since these obviously end very bad for us. Maybe someone else could pull it off, he cant so time to stop. The difference between hiding away and dribbling when closed down or making brainfarts.... his mistakes lead to goalscoring opportunities in almost every game. Thats not gonna fly.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
No, he doesnt need to take risks infront of our box, since these obviously end very bad for us. Maybe someone else could pull it off, he cant so time to stop. The difference between hiding away and dribbling when closed down or making brainfarts.... his mistakes lead to goalscoring opportunities in almost every game. Thats not gonna fly.
We have to disagree on that then. I personally hope he keeps taking those risks but improves and cuts down on his mistakes.

From the small sample we've seen of Arthur he looks like someone who can, that's probably his main strength. The problem is that we lose the physicality and recovery pace of Bentancur if Arthur plays instead of him. Bentancur is also a much better progressive passer at the moment. I'd probably try them together in some tougher games so Arthur could carry some of that ball playing responsibility. Pirlo actually started them together against Atalanta (probably because Atalanta press well) but the experiment didn't last long as Arthur got injured. Would like to see Pirlo give it another try.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
For a box to box midfielder he doesn't contribute nearly enough going forward in terms of assists and goals.

Also plays in slow motion when he has the ball he looks like he is half asleep.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I'm losing faith in this guy. Hasn't improved much at all in 3 years.
He has improved a lot in my opinion, but still isn't star material and will probably never become a game changer. He simply offers nothing in the final third and isn't good enough in the other thirds to justify it. He plays exactly like Busquets except is worse at everything.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We have to disagree on that then. I personally hope he keeps taking those risks but improves and cuts down on his mistakes.

From the small sample we've seen of Arthur he looks like someone who can, that's probably his main strength. The problem is that we lose the physicality and recovery pace of Bentancur if Arthur plays instead of him. Bentancur is also a much better progressive passer at the moment. I'd probably try them together in some tougher games so Arthur could carry some of that ball playing responsibility. Pirlo actually started them together against Atalanta (probably because Atalanta press well) but the experiment didn't last long as Arthur got injured. Would like to see Pirlo give it another try.
In the mean time we should turn a blind eye to mistakes that lead to goalscoring opportunities, because we hope he would improve. :baus: no, fuck that, if he is playing in front of defense, he needs to keep it simple. Its about risk vs reward the former being far greater, conceding a goal vs beating a press. As for his brainfarts, he is worse now, than 3 years ago.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The thing that bothers me the most about Benta is that he is a midfielder for Juventus and he cant even make a long pass that Shefield United midfielder can make
he obviously can. he gets the criticism because of his inconsistency above all. i'd also like him to be more aggressive in a positive, forward thinking way, be more aware of the match happening around him, and score some. but his passing would be fine if he'd focus properly and consistently.

he seems a bit too moody to me. on his day he's a proper bully and can also dictate the game, on other occasions he's just slow, lethargic, error prone, basically a couple of tenths of a second behind everything. dunno whether it's down to his physical or mental preparation, either way he needs to fix it somehow.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
He was our best midfielder last season, still pretty young. He will grow.

Dybala on the other hand is underperforming for years, tarnishing #10 jersey and demanding a huge salary just to mention a few things, but that is totally fine according to Dybala fanboys, please explain why?

- - - Updated - - -

He has one good game, one bad game, not good enough yet. Unfortunately, he is the best mid we have.
Rabiot.

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
He is what he is..no progessing my a**,just he has up and downs..tell me one player showing 100% of his skill every game.his game needs ultra physical skills and strenght..running more than any other and praise him as not material is a disagreeable thought.

Jun 6, 2015
In the mean time we should turn a blind eye to mistakes that lead to goalscoring opportunities, because we hope he would improve. :baus: no, fuck that, if he is playing in front of defense, he needs to keep it simple. Its about risk vs reward the former being far greater, conceding a goal vs beating a press. As for his brainfarts, he is worse now, than 3 years ago.
Who's asking anyone to turn a blind eye? I'm saying that it is simplistic to evaluate players ability only based on the those incidents. Playing the role he currently plays for the team, one needs experience. It's a learning curve for him like it's for any young player trying to learn to play in such a important and demanding role. Would be sad to see us waste such a huge talent, luckily I don't think we will.

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
He has one good game, one bad game, not good enough yet. Unfortunately, he is the best mid we have.
Agree 100%, he was great vs fiore, then bad vs milan. Still too inconsistent to be a regular starter

He does have potential and is still young, don't forget that guys - if (big if) he becomes more dangerous in the attacking phase and stops his random brain fart ball losses, then we got a great midfielder right there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)