Rodrigo Bentancur (21 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
This was his best performance of the season but again it’s hard to judge it in the grand scheme of things considering the opponent. Hope he builds on it.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I've never liked Bentancur to be honest. I've always thought that he has been an overrated fraud that somehow slithered his way into fame on this forum just because he was a young "homegrown" lad that we've managed to nurture and salvage from our Tevez deal. However, he has definitely improved over the course of last season which I've admitted, and with our current formation and set of players, I feel like a player with his traits is absolutely essential to the teams dynamic. Switching him on for Ramsey was an absolute game changer (yes, I acknowledge the opposition...), as we definitely need a player like him on the pitch to win balls to feed to the strikers. I hope he continues his growth despite all my terrible predictions.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we need him in form more than ever. the defensive phase with this 2-man midfield is very hard to master, especially with the attackers we usually have on the pitch and the instant transition needed between the 3- and 4-man backline. rabiot wasn't bad yesterday, but he often left too much space between his back and the defensive line. bentancur fixed a lot of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)