Rodrigo Bentancur (25 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Didn't come for the ball and hurt our build up. Defensively, fine. Disappointing though not to see him try to impose himself on the play. You think he'd be eager to take his chance.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's not Matuidi vs Bentancur. Its Matuidi and Bentancur vs better replacements. Neither is currently good enough to star for us. Both should be bench players, or simply not here.
Correct. But what I meant is, I'd be placing him higher on the list of those to be sold. Matuidi at least provides some defensive stability and tireless running.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't see much point in selling Bentancur considering he does have talent, is still young and we only get 50% of the transfer fee anyway.

On the other hand he is not good enough to be vice Pjanic. Should be cover for one of the box to box players instead.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think Sarri is looking at Bentancur's role in the wrong way. He can sub in for Pjanic but he is in no way a like for like and instead a DM in the mould of e.g. Busquets who is pretty good at intercepting and recovering the ball.

If we play him instead of Pjanic, we need more creative players as the mezzala's. We can't just put him in, play the same way and expect the same results.

Apr 29, 2006
Bentacur has some problems with tackles or controlled aggression. Both are vital in any DM. He needs to be calmed down, but I fear his lack of playing time is whats the real issue here. His career might go from top midfielder to a Juve reject in a few games and he is, I suppose, extremely tense as a result.

Very difficult situation and our recent transfer activities doesn't help either. But if we want to be a top team we have to field those who are playing better and have a deep bench as well.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He is not good as vice Pjanic, but frankly yesterday Pjanic also failed as vice Pjanic. Verona players manmarked our DMs, but yeah, let's bash Bentancur once again.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Bentancur would be a good water carrier type player. Maybe he doesn't really excel at anything in particular, but he does multiple things well. Keeping possession, being tidy, reading the game, cutting passing lanes. He seems to read the game well, too. Not going be some superstar playmaker or b2b, but if you stick him next to a creative player and a good b2b or destroyer, would definitely be useful. He's still pretty young so no reason to sell him.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think we need players that comfortable with ball at his feet in the middle, confidence in holding the ball and can link up to our attacker

Not panicking under pressure instead using that pressure to draw opponent to him and get his teammates in better position when he release the ball

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)