Rodrigo Bentancur (22 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We're gonna miss out. Our awesome meds will discover a congenital heart condition and he'll end up beasting for Roma before being sold to Barca for 90 million.

- - - Updated - - -

We're gonna miss out. Our awesome meds will discover a congenital heart condition and he'll end up beasting for Roma before being sold to Barca for 90 million. :baus:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bentancur: 'Pjanic inspires me’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur reveals Max Allegri has asked him to “be a bit more aggressive” and names Miralem Pjanic as an inspiration.

The midfielder joined the Bianconeri from Boca Juniors in the summer, and has impressed when he has featured this season.

“Allegri asks me to pass the ball quickly and vertically, not horizontally,” Bentancur told Sky.

“He asks me to be a bit more aggressive in marking the opponent. I’ve already started working on that in training, the main thing he asks of me is vertical passes to break the lines of the opponent, and supply [Paulo] Dybala and [Gonzalo] Higuain up-front.

“My inspiration? So many midfielders, like [Andres] Iniesta. Most of all though I look to my teammate, Pjanic, who I see working day-by-day and from whom I can really learn a lot.”

Bentancur came on as a substitute in the midweek 0-0 draw with Barcelona in the Champions League.

“It was a great point. We didn’t manage to find a goal, that’s true, but we showed our defensive solidity.

“Serie A? Napoli are our main opponent, they’re four points away and we’ll face them soon, but we need to take it one game at a time, starting from Sunday.”

The Uruguayan was also asked what it’s like to play alongside Gianluigi Buffon.

“I’ve known him for a few months, it made me sad to see him so sad after Italy were eliminated, but I know these things happen in football.

“He came back with the same determination as always to give his all for his club.”

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We're now in December. Bentancur has played 11 games and 543 minutes in total, so what do we think?

Pjanic, Marchisio, Matuidi and Khedira are all ahead of him in the pecking order, so he hasn't been getting many minutes recently. He's flow a bit under the radar tbh.

On one hand, a loan move to another Serie A team could be good for his progress. However, I'd much rather see him displace at least Khedira and become our fourth choice CM. We need depth and youth in our midfield, Bentancur provides both.

I think that Max has missed the trick recently by not giving him any minutes against Crotone. We're now heading into the tougher must-win fixtures and I can't imagine Rodrigo getting any gametime against Olympiacos, Inter or Roma.

Hopefully he gets some solid minutes against Bologna, Hellas and Cagliari so we can give him time to develop into a future star.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We're now in December. Bentancur has played 11 games and 543 minutes in total, so what do we think?

Pjanic, Marchisio, Matuidi and Khedira are all ahead of him in the pecking order, so he hasn't been getting many minutes recently. He's flow a bit under the radar tbh.

On one hand, a loan move to another Serie A team could be good for his progress. However, I'd much rather see him displace at least Khedira and become our fourth choice CM. We need depth and youth in our midfield, Bentancur provides both.

I think that Max has missed the trick recently by not giving him any minutes against Crotone. We're now heading into the tougher must-win fixtures and I can't imagine Rodrigo getting any gametime against Olympiacos, Inter or Roma.

Hopefully he gets some solid minutes against Bologna, Hellas and Cagliari so we can give him time to develop into a future star.
He'll definitely get more playing time in the second half of the season, especially if we make the latter rounds of the CL.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How many youngsters have we had go through here to play 11 games in the first half of a season only to go out on loan?

I think he is here to stay. If we thought he needed a loan I doubt he would be given 11 games and 543 mins already...my opinion.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012

Max is an Italian. Italian managers and footballers are alike. Boring, and doesn't dare to take risk. Forever living on past glory.

If I were a youngster, I would never come and play for Juve. Limited chance to shine, and the rewards are sheety. Low pay low fame

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)