Rodrigo Bentancur (14 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think it’s kinda funny how so many people consider Bentancur a bust, when in reality, he’s probably overachieved. He was never considered a top prospect, shit he wasn’t even considered the best player in the Tevez deal by some. I still remember Boca fans being surprised that a club like Juve was even interested in him.

The blame is on management for not realizing that he just isn’t good/consistent enough for a top club. He belongs at a mid table side, like Bologna or some shit.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I think it’s kinda funny how so many people consider Bentancur a bust, when in reality, he’s probably overachieved. He was never considered a top prospect, shit he wasn’t even considered the best player in the Tevez deal by some. I still remember Boca fans being surprised that a club like Juve was even interested in him.

The blame is on management for not realizing that he just isn’t good/consistent enough for a top club. He belongs at a mid table side, like Bologna or some shit.
That's not true, before we came in with the Tevez thing Milan was really close to sign him, few more weeks and he would be a Milan player probably.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
His ceiling is Ambrosini, if we surround him with a WC DM and a WC playmaker, he'll probably do very well. The bad news is Rabiot, Berna and Locatelli are potential Ambrosinis as well, while McKennie, Arthur and Ramsey... well there isnt a single Pirlo or Gattuso in there even if we combine their best traits into a single midfielder :D

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
What’s not true? Vadala was the centerpiece of the deal. What happened after that (like the article you linked) is kind of besides the point.
U said he overachieved and was never top prospect which is not true, because he lured interest from most of the top clubs and even had deal in place from Milan.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I'm not loosing my shit over him, he sucks ass, just wanted to point he was really hot prospect.
I visit Milan forum sometimes and they still cry about that deal collapsing when he has a good game.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
U said he overachieved and was never top prospect which is not true, because he lured interest from most of the top clubs and even had deal in place from Milan.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I'm not loosing my shit over him, he sucks ass, just wanted to point he was really hot prospect.
I visit Milan forum sometimes and they still cry about that deal collapsing when he has a good game.
What is your definition of a top prospect? His market value didnt top 10M until after he played for Juve, how is that a top prospect? Kaio Jorge for example has been at 13M while playing at Santos, and I don’t even consider him a top prospect either. If he sticks at Juve and plays as much as Benta has I’d consider that overachieving as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)