Rodrigo Bentancur (22 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
No, because we habe guys like Cuads and Chiesa wide, and even our forwards like to drift out. Heck, his supposed more attacking partner in midfield attacks more from wide than through the middle. We have a bunch of pussies that run from contact
it’s not an either or situation. A top club should be able to attack multiple ways. It’s easy to gameplan against one dimension.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
it’s not an either or situation. A top club should be able to attack multiple ways. It’s easy to gameplan against one dimension.
Yes and that's not on Bentancur. He can't dribble the ball forward like a De Bruyne or a Pogba. If he passed it to Morata he falls or Palombo beats him to the ball. Rabiot usually stands next to him or around him. Dybala is deep or wide. So Cuadrado and Chiesa are his only/best pass to options

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Yes and that's not on Bentancur. He can't dribble the ball forward like a De Bruyne or a Pogba. If he passed it to Morata he falls or Palombo beats him to the ball. Rabiot usually stands next to him or around him. Dybala is deep or wide. So Cuadrado and Chiesa are his only/best pass to options
no ones asking him to be de bruyne or Pogba. But when he (and Rabiot and Arthur) can’t even consistently make a pass to break a line, that’s a problem.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
no ones asking him to be de bruyne or Pogba. But when he (and Rabiot and Arthur) can’t even consistently make a pass to break a line, that’s a problem.
To who? He's not a AM, he doesn't play so high to pick up runs behind the defense. I explained in my previous post what his passing options are. If he played higher up infront of Rabiot, and McKennie or Morata made runs behind the defense constantly, and he never picks them up, I'd say he didn't do well. But we play a 442 where our CF and SS are physically outmatched, our CF can't win a single duel and our SS is unfit and all over the place, yet you blame him for not being able to break the lines?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
To who? He's not a AM, he doesn't play so high to pick up runs behind the defense. I explained in my previous post what his passing options are. If he played higher up infront of Rabiot, and McKennie or Morata made runs behind the defense constantly, and he never picks them up, I'd say he didn't do well. But we play a 442 where our CF and SS are physically outmatched, our CF can't win a single duel and our SS is unfit and all over the place, yet you blame him for not being able to break the lines?
he’s the regista, you think his only job is to pass responsibility on to the next guy? And how about when the entire squad is in the opponents half? How about when he’s outside the box?

Guy is useless with the ball at his feet.

Jun 6, 2015
Asking them to make a pass for an attacker to run onto over a backline is like asking to try and win the lottery twice
You're stuck in the 90s if that is how you evaluate a performance of a midfielder :p. It's quite rare to see those sort of balls played with any regularity in todays game because most teams are set up to defend against them. Only in counterattacking situations when the defending team hasn't got in to a good defensive shape yet you can see such balls played.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You're stuck in the 90s if that is how you evaluate a performance of a midfielder :p. It's quite rare to see those sort of balls played with any regularity in todays game because most teams are set up to defend against them. Only in counterattacking situations when the defending team hasn't got in to a good defensive shape yet you can see such balls played.
I'm not asking for regularity. I'm asking AT LEAST sparingly or attempts to make that killer pass. Cuads had a lovely pass in the first half. That's an example.

If current modern game is sideways passing, keep possession by minimal risk so passing back to the CB then we are obviously CL finalists.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he’s the regista, you think his only job is to pass responsibility on to the next guy? And how about when the entire squad is in the opponents half? How about when he’s outside the box?

Guy is useless with the ball at his feet.
He's not a regista though. His job is to do the defensive work and make passes to open teammates, not create something out of nothing. Or is that what you expect of him?

How often was the entire squad in the opposition half today? And where was Bentancur in that case? And what were the other players doing when he had the ball at his feet?

We are a static team with no actual game plan, you want our DM to create stuff out of thin air. I think you're being unreasonable

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah it's harsh to blame our central mids for this game, they did their jobs pretty well. Our wide midfielders and attackers all had much worse games this time around. Dybala had a decent 15 minutes and then disappeared, McKennie and Chiesa ghosted for most of the match and Morata had a bad day overall.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
We are a static team with no actual game plan, you want our DM to create stuff out of thin air. I think you're being unreasonable
asking a professional footballer to make a forward pass is unreasonable? Lol.

And I know he isn’t a regista, but Pirlo keeps using him as one. So if anyone is being unreasonable, it’s him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We are a static team with no actual game plan.
We are static b/c our midfield has no idea how to move the ball around hence the gameplay suffers. It's like having all working organs but no central nervous system to make the body function properly.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We have a decent set of tires on the wing, a nice engine up front and sturdy body frame at the back. Our transmission that moves the vehicle forward is somewhere back in 2015. Our midfield sucks.

Jun 6, 2015
asking a professional footballer to make a forward pass is unreasonable? Lol.

And I know he isn’t a regista, but Pirlo keeps using him as one. So if anyone is being unreasonable, it’s him.
He makes plenty though. He makes the most progressive passes in our team and comparing to other Serie A players he is just below some of the elite players in that category. The problem is that some on here seem to think every pass should go forward.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The most seasoned CM we have in this club is Bentancur based on the years at the club. He has learned nothing. He provides nothing in any position on the midfield line you place him. He has been coached from Max to Sarri to Pirlo and he has shown ZERO growth. He has no leadership. No vision. No technical ability. Horrible at decisions where a brain is needed the most. He makes poor decisions.

There is NOTHING likable about this player. How the hell is it unreasonable to expect more from the ONE CM we have had that has plenty of years under his belt?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We are static b/c our midfield has no idea how to move the ball around hence the gameplay suffers. It's like having all working organs but no central nervous system to make the body function properly.
Look man

Chiesa Bentancur Rabiot Mckennie
Dybala Morata

Morata lost like every single duel today, Palombo owned him hard. Dybala is all over the place and not fit enough yet. And they had numbers in defense anyway, 3 CBs vs Dybi and Morty. They press hard when we have the ball, they have numbers through the middle and we have numbers and quality over them wide. Now you're Bentancur and get the ball there. Wat do? I'd pass it to Chiesa/Cuads, or back to the CBs if they are covered. Next best option is passing to Rabiot who can carry the ball forward technically, but he never does, or just drifts to the left with it. We can't play this game unless we get more players that know how to play and move in the final 3rd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)