Rodrigo Bentancur (29 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
If he wants to learn how to become a goalscoring central midfielder, he should learn from the best and watch Arturo Vidal, Yaya Toure, Steven Gerrard...
LOL watching film wont help near as much as another great player who trains next to you every day. Why listen to sarri when you could watch peps teams play!!

- - - Updated - - -

The best part about Bent is that selling him will never be worth it so he should be a lifer if he has the abilities. Future captain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Poor match, but that pass was genius. If only our coach didn't actually claim to hate long balls, and who would incorporate more long balls over the top to Ronaldo in our tactics. Something the GOAT thrives on, and something all of Bonucci, Pjanic, and now Bentancur can accurately place.

Jan 22, 2016
Poor match, but that pass was genius. If only our coach didn't actually claim to hate long balls, and who would incorporate more long balls over the top to Ronaldo in our tactics. Something the GOAT thrives on, and something all of Bonucci, Pjanic, and now Bentancur can accurately place.
We attempted alot of long passes this match mainly from Bonucci . But went all in vain.
His long balls somehow lost their accuracy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We attempted alot of long passes this match mainly from Bonucci . But went all in vain.
His long balls somehow lost their accuracy.
Bonucci attempted 6, 3 of which were successful. It's not none at all, but it's also not a lot.

Bentancur has dropped from 2.1 long passes/game last year to 1.6 this year. Pjanic has dropped from 5.8 long passes/game to 3.8 this year. Bonucci has only dropped from 5.7 long passes/game last year to 5.6 this year, but he had a terrible year last year. If you go back to his last decent year in 16-17 before he went to Milan, he averaged 7.9 long passes that year.

We've shifted away from the tactic pretty substantially imo. Against some opponents that can be a good thing, against others not so much...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bonucci attempted 6, 3 of which were successful. It's not none at all, but it's also not a lot.

Bentancur has dropped from 2.1 long passes/game last year to 1.6 this year. Pjanic has dropped from 5.8 long passes/game to 3.8 this year. Bonucci has only dropped from 5.7 long passes/game last year to 5.6 this year, but he had a terrible year last year. If you go back to his last decent year in 16-17 before he went to Milan, he averaged 7.9 long passes that year.

We've shifted away from the tactic pretty substantially imo. Against some opponents that can be a good thing, against others not so much...
i quoted sarri in the pjanic thread saying that according to him, long passes are too risky. these stats are a pure consequence of a tactical decision.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i quoted sarri in the pjanic thread saying that according to him, long passes are too risky. these stats are a pure consequence of a tactical decision.
:tup:

I was trying to recall where I'd seen that quote. Thanks for the reminder.

- - - Updated - - -

There it is:

I don’t think the long ball is a great idea, partly because we don’t have many strikers who are strong in the air, but also because it can get us 6-7 goals per season, but I believe will also lead to us conceding another 10.

It's funny Sarri said this, considering our defence right now is the worst it's been in 8 years, while avoiding these long balls. I can't imagine how many goals we would concede if we started using long balls again. 31 in 21 games? :scared:

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:tup:

I was trying to recall where I'd seen that quote. Thanks for the reminder.

- - - Updated - - -

There it is:

I don’t think the long ball is a great idea, partly because we don’t have many strikers who are strong in the air, but also because it can get us 6-7 goals per season, but I believe will also lead to us conceding another 10.

It's funny Sarri said this, considering our defence right now is the worst it's been in 8 years, while avoiding these long balls. I can't imagine how many goals we would concede if we started using long balls again. 31 in 21 games? :scared:
I don't know what you are talking about, it's obvious that we have improved everywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)