Robinho, we need this guy! (1 Viewer)

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
It would be great if JUVE can adopt this guy. Let me tell you why!
Robinho is a striker with electrifying dribbling skills and has already been compared to the likes of Garrincha and Pele and Pele has even said that Robinho might well overshadow him one day.

Robinho himself puts his ball skills down to "A gift from God"

Full Name: Robson de Souza Robinho
Current Club: Santos (Brazil)

Birth Date: Jan 25 1984
Birth Place: São Vicente
Birth Nation: Brazil
Height: 173cm
Weight: 61Kg
Nationality: Brazilian
Position: Forward

Teenage Santos striker Robinho has become the latest name put forward to emulate Pele after his stunning performance in the Brazilian championship final.

Robinho capped a remarkable debut season when he inspired Santos to a 3-2 victory against Corinthians to seal a 5-2 aggregate win and their first domestic title since 1984.

The 18-year-old scored the first from the penalty spot after being fouled and then set up two late goals to finally kill off Corinthians.

For years in Brazil bright young players have been hailed as 'the new Pele' but Robinho has stronger credentials than most.

He shares the same slender build that Pele possessed at the same age - and he plays for Santos, the club where Pele spent 17 years of his career and helped turn into arguably the best club side in the world at the time.

Like Pele, Robinho has already shown that he will not be intimidated by threats and aggression from opposing defenders.

After the first leg of the semi-final tie against Gremio, rival goalkeeper Danrlei warned that Robinho - born in the year that Santos last won a domestic title - could end up with a broken leg if he kept making defenders look stupid.

But Robinho, who finished the championship with 10 goals, has kept on taunting defenders, apparently unmoved by what Danrlei claimed to be friendly advice but which many interpreted as a straightforward threat.

'A top-line player, a genius, a rare precious stone who, without exaggerating, reminds us of the King (Pele),' said Cesar Seabra, a columnist in the sports daily Lance.

'His performance yesterday is never to be forgotten.'

O Globo wrote: 'Robinho's artistic football has made him the heir to Pele's thrown at the Vila Belmiro (Santos headquarters).'

So guys what do u think of him?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I've made a conscious decision to largely ignore South American 'superstars' and not hype them up until they come to Europe and do something. Sure, I'll be interested in them and be curious about the way they play, but no more "LET'S GET RIQUELME HE'S THE BEST THING SINCE MARADONA" for me

OP
epitaph

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
    epitaph.....I thought you were mature enough....but I was wrong......
    :D:p
    well sorry i never realiased there's another thread for Robinho so i guess thats the wise thing to do rite!so it's my mistake and I was wrong!sorry again dude!

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Oh yes, lets sign brazils most overated youth talent. ;)

there is nothing we 'need' about robinho. Is he a defender?

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Great player....but Its in Moggi style: when your talented,planetary popular and young; there is no place for you in Juve. And for addition,If your with all the mentioned...a Brazilian....you can forgett about playing in Juve ever...
    well i hate moggi for that... because brazilian are the best. (after italian ;) )

btw.. imo YES to Diego + Robinho!

Disorder

May 20, 2004
    I can't believe what i read here! robinho is a great player. i'm from brazil and always watch him playing. i read another thread about him and people were saying that he is weak, he needs to get stronger...i think that too but have you guys seen Ronaldinho (Barcelona) when he started to play? He was really weak but still a great player and look at him now. i'm sure anyone would love to see him in juve.

and no, i'm not a santos fan

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Disorder ] ++
    I can't believe what i read here! robinho is a great player. i'm from brazil and always watch him playing. i read another thread about him and people were saying that he is weak, he needs to get stronger...i think that too but have you guys seen Ronaldinho (Barcelona) when he started to play? He was really weak but still a great player and look at him now. i'm sure anyone would love to see him in juve.

and no, i'm not a santos fan
    agree.. he is great... and so is diego!!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Robinho holds on to the ball way too long! Thats his only problem. And he really is not build for Serie A! Look at Kaka. This guy is big and wins a lot of battles. Robinho is too offensive and too much like Denilson!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)