Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
I just wonder how someone like Van Persie would do with our training methods, Allegri runs players hard, and that guy has never been a supreme athlete.
I think he would benefit from it greatly. He is someone who needs to get fit to be able to have a greater impact in games than he has had the past two seasons. You can see that he runs out of fuel pretty quick during games.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think he would benefit from it greatly. He is someone who needs to get fit to be able to have a greater impact in games than he has had the past two seasons. You can see that he runs out of fuel pretty quick during games.
It's going to go one of two ways - Evra or Romulo :D

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #205
    The question is, will he be accepting a bench role?
    56. + SC one game, so 57 games. if we play with 3 forwards next season, more than enough time for all of them...
    :agree:

So it's hardly a bench role. It's called rotation. Most big teams do it. A bench role would have been Matri this season.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    In the 4-3-tevez,dybala-morata formation, it is extremely important Dybala and Morata can play as much games as their fitness allows. For dybala to explode, and morata to keep exploding.

We need backup. Llorente is currently the 5th wheel of the team, but doesnt fit the formation. He however, doesnt complain beeing never considered the first team option when tevez/morata are curently fit.

If we sell Llorente, we can get a new 5th wheel. Wich suits the formation(see my signature). This 5th wheel need , like llorente, to agree that he's never considered a first choise when DMT are fit. And he cant demand higher wages then the starters. AND, he needs to be sort of reliable in case of injuries

Van Persie will demand a starter wage
    Van Persie wont agree to be "rotation" instead of "key player"
    Van Persie is far to injury prone to be reliable

So we can close this thread, and be reasonable adults

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
    I have always liked RVP. He has the skills to score alot of goals and help the team, I think he was at some points of his career a top striker, maybe top 5 in the world.

But I have concerns over his fittness, age, motivation and wages.

Mar 30, 2006
    I have always liked RVP. He has the skills to score alot of goals and help the team, I think he was at some points of his career a top striker, maybe top 5 in the world.

But I have concerns over his fittness, age, motivation and wages.
    I think he would have a big motivation in a team fighting for titles. He went to United for that and was really upset when Sir Alex left after one year and the team fell apart. At Juve I think he would want to get the silverware his career has lacked. As for his age he is the same age as Tevez is right now and younger than Pirlo was when he joined. We could get 3 really good years out of him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)