Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
well think of it this way .. 32, 33 and 34.. thats 3 years we could have an elite striker who is playing at high level.
Same sort of thing that happened with Pirlo who was 32 when he joined.
I just pointed out that Tevez and him are not the same age ;)

And yeah if he stays injury free,i'm sure he has at least 2 good seasons in him.
Klose,Toni,Di Natale and others who are not better than him at least on the class level are still scoring 10-15 goals every season.

BUT he must accept to play sub role to Morata.otherwise no need in him,he's no starting material for us.

Mar 30, 2006
I just pointed out that Tevez and him are not the same age ;)

And yeah if he stays injury free,i'm sure he has at least 2 good seasons in him.
Klose,Toni,Di Natale and others who are not better than him at least on the class level are still scoring 10-15 goals every season.

BUT he must accept to play sub role to Morata.otherwise no need in him,he's no starting material for us.
With regards to the paycut, he is on like 12 million pounds a week at United so he would have to cut it to what we pay Tevez.. we could prob give him Llorente's contract if he leaves and add a bit.

RVP left Arsenal saying he ws leaving becausehe wanted to win titles.. he won 1 EPL title at United so I feel like he is more ocncerned about silverware at this stage of his career.. he played for a long time and made a lot of money but has little to show for it in terms of trophies when he retires. I think that would give us a big advantage in getting him to lower his wage.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
His age alone is not the issue.

Him not having performed for two seasons is, adding to his injuries and age, is.
Last year, I will give you. That was a down year fro him

But how exactly is 18 goals in 28 matches in 2013/14 an under performing season?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Is Zaza's future upside as good as what RVP can currently bring?

I am inclined to say no.

- - - Updated - - -

I respectfully disagree. I think that he has plenty left in the tank, and he would certainly want to be motivated.
Right now I would have to agree with you

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
man people underscore the importance of a big name like Van Persie, but I could see him joining us affect the futures of say Pogba and Vidal, van Persie on our bench is a morale booster on its own, at least our players who are in two minds know that when Tevez (assuming he is staying) is not there we have RvP too so that is even just cause to stay.....

and please people requesting the Zaza purchase, please stahp, its not funny anymore, the guy is a pure scrub not worthy of Juve maybe Inter and Milan level but if we have dreams of making CL semis consistently, scrubs like Zaza are not the way.... Berardi we must defo bring back as he has a very high ceiling...

Tevez, Dybala, Morata, Coman, van Persie, Berardi is a very fappable and dangerous attack that could make Europe's finest wet their pants, I support getting RvP wholeheartedly.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If the price is right then I would definitely sign RVP. But if it is as indicated many times in this thread "15m" then it's certainly a no. Plus, what would his wage demands be? Affordable or not worth it? The wage situation is what I would be most concerned with. If it's disproportionate then I would be fine letting one of the Milan clubs foolishly sign him.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Thinking about bring Zaza to Juve makes me want to throw up

Then considering he'd cost 15 fucking million just to perform the Matri role, disgusting to say the least.

A motivated RvP on the bench >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zaza

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If the price is right then I would definitely sign RVP. But if it is as indicated many times in this thread "15m" then it's certainly a no. Plus, what would his wage demands be? Affordable or not worth it? The wage situation is what I would be most concerned with. If it's disproportionate then I would be fine letting one of the Milan clubs foolishly sign him.
I reckon if we sold Llorente and replaced him with RvP it would have almost no negative affect on our finances

Sell Llorente for roughly 10M + his wages

get RvP for a couple mill more and similar wages for 2-3 years.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I reckon if we sold Llorente and replaced him with RvP it would have almost no negative affect on our finances

I'm so glad you caught that reference I was dropping :pint:

We can certainly chop down cost+wages if Marotta is a great as people say he is @Jem83 @Bianconero_Aus

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

As for Llorente, personally I'd keep him because I like him, if I where to be a bit more objective, I'd perform a straight-swap for Mandzukic, because I like Mandzukic, but if I were a little bit more objective then that, I'd offer Llorente+Ogbonna for Coutinho :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so glad you caught that reference I was dropping :pint:

We can certainly chop down cost+wages if Marotta is a great as people say he is @Jem83 @Bianconero_Aus
How 'bout this.

Llorente+Ogbonna straight swap for Coutinho. Wages have dropped maybe a mil or two.

RVP for 10 mil, 4 mil wages.

Buffon
Caceres-Bonucci-Chiellini-Evra
Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba
Coutinho
Tevez-Morata​

Bench: Dybala, Coman, RVP, stacked bitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)