Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
I really want RVP to come to Juve. I know many people don't, but his quality is undeniable. The reason we have turned back into a top team is because we initially bought good squad players then reinforced it with elite talent. We can't afford to buy top players who are in high demand but buying top players who are available for a good price is smart. Van Persie is 31 so we could easily get 3 great seasons out of him and have one of the best strikers in the world. Bringing him here seems obvious and I think he would have a huge desire to win titles given his lack of titles won in his time in England.

Plus if Tevez leaves wouldnt everyone want a player who can carry an attack on his shoulders like Tevez does for us currently? Also If Tevez stays I would much prefer RVP than Llorente (who played over 2500 min this season for us). Essentially if we let Llorente move on we could just have RVP replace him. Seems brilliant to me as RVP is miles ahead of Llo in quality.

We are trying to become a team that competes for CL every year... can't have 1 good center forward in the squad (Morata) and expect to do that.

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
It would be a Tevez kind of transfer. He was also "finished" at City, almost the same age, almost similar goal scoring stats.. We cant buy only young players. Keep in mind that a MIX of young AND "older" players is the way to go. If Tevez leave and we cant get Cavani, RVP is a good replacement for Tevez. RVP, Morata, Dybala, Coman, 5th striker.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
RvP wants guaranteed 1st choice minutes to prep for the Euros...

Give those minutes to Alvaro, he is developing beautifully, and it would be great to continue to build that bond with the club and his teammates in hope of a long-term commitment. He looks like a special player, to me. I'm not sure bringing in a 32 year old who could actually supplant him for the next year -- but not much longer than that -- is actually the best way to go, there. A whole lot of ego balancing.

Also, all of the future scenarios with forwards that I see tend to omit Llorente. Do people know something I don't? Because as far as I can tell, it seems like he's staying. Everybody at the club seems to love the guy.

Tevez, Morata, Dybala, Llorente, Coman... and Berardi. That's my prediction up top, maybe Zaza will be in there instead of someone, but I can't see Tevez or Llorente leaving, not taking up the option on Berardi, and I still don't think Coman wants to be loaned out (just based upon coming to us in the first place, instead of a smaller club where he'd have been guaranteed minutes).

Really interested to see what our forward lineup looks like on September 1st!

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Preferring Zaza to RVP is like betting that a 2015 Hyundai would beat a 2007 Ferrari in a drag race because well, the Ferrari is old.
:lol: Id take RvP over Zaza to replace Llorente if he's to replaced by another centre forward. But our squad would be better off with a wide forward like Berardi in a Tevez-Morata-Dybala trident.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol: Id take RvP over Zaza to replace Llorente if he's to replaced by another centre forward. But our squad would be better off with a wide forward like Berardi in a Tevez-Morata-Dybala trident.
we need to sign both a central striker and a "SS" if we were to play with a trident upfront.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
It would be a Tevez kind of transfer. He was also "finished" at City, almost the same age, almost similar goal scoring stats.. We cant buy only young players. Keep in mind that a MIX of young AND "older" players is the way to go. If Tevez leave and we cant get Cavani, RVP is a good replacement for Tevez. RVP, Morata, Dybala, Coman, 5th striker.
I'm not against him coming to be Morata's sub,and yeah i would have taken him over Zaza at aleast for a 1-2 seasons.
But When bought Tevez he just turned 29,RVP will be 32 in 2 months.so there are 3 yrs difference my friend,it's alot.

Mar 30, 2006
I'm not against him coming to be Morata's sub,and yeah i would have taken him over Zaza at aleast for a 1-2 seasons.
But When bought Tevez he just turned 29,RVP will be 32 in 2 months.so there are 3 yrs difference my friend,it's alot.
well think of it this way .. 32, 33 and 34.. thats 3 years we could have an elite striker who is playing at high level.
Same sort of thing that happened with Pirlo who was 32 when he joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)