Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Isn't this just what Conte said we wouldn't do? I think this is BS.. We're not the kind of club that offers 11,5m pr year to a single player. Come on? Don't you guys understand the strategy of the management? 11,5 is BS - top would be something like Buffon's salary. Or else.. Jovetic.

I have a question btw:

Why are we willing to offer Arsenal 20m € + 5-10m € a year for RvP concluding in something like 70m€ and not raise the Jovetic offer to 30m € and offer him 3-4m € a year concluding in something like 50m€. So. On a 5 year basis we would save 20m € on signing Jovetic given the wage dissimilarities between RvP and Jovetic?

And in 5 years Jovetic is probably one of the best in the world whereas RvP is on his way to MLS...

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Because the club could be looking at broader audience, and wider reach through a more global player. RVP, even at 70-80m is one of those few players who will kind of pay for himself. Jerseys, merchandise etc. Going into the CL, he is the most complete player in that sense, while JoJo for all his potential is not yet the finished product. Dzeko can definitely do the job but doesnt have the global image that a guy like RvP has. This is just the feeling I get. RvP in many ways will put Juve back on the map in terms of an image of a top club, coming in as the most 'commercial/best' league's player of the season. His investment would represent the club's ambitions across Europe, and would attract a greater number of players from the market in the future.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Because the club could be looking at broader audience, and wider reach through a more global player. RVP, even at 70-80m is one of those few players who will kind of pay for himself. Jerseys, merchandise etc. Going into the CL, he is the most complete player in that sense, while JoJo for all his potential is not yet the finished product. Dzeko can definitely do the job but doesnt have the global image that a guy like RvP has. This is just the feeling I get. RvP in many ways will put Juve back on the map in terms of an image of a top club, coming in as the most 'commercial/best' league's player of the season. His investment would represent the club's ambitions across Europe, and would attract a greater number of players from the market in the future.
Sense :agree:

Just reading one of the comments on the Mirror's website regarding the supposed latest offer for RVP

what a load of rubbish juve haven't got that kind of cash to splash out on rvp and his wages.

they have suffered money problems over the years after getting caught up in match fixing. its a poor league and rvp knows that

:lol:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Would rather pay 15 for Dzeko with 4m a season than 25 for Rvp with 10m a season
I see Dzeko as a better finisher even though RVP is better in everything else include movement which provide him more goal scoring chances

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
How about China?

We are not future tellers here but I honestly don't see him in a Top League after 5 years, maybe even sooner judging his injury record.
A player like Drogba who is as old as van Persie would be in 5 years didn't leave because he didn't have the level to stay in Premier League. :) I don't think he'll be leaving Europe in 5 years unless he's in it for the money.

---------- Post added 31.07.2012 at 19:27 ----------

Would rather pay 15 for Dzeko with 4m a season than 25 for Rvp with 10m a season
I see Dzeko as a better finisher even though RVP is better in everything else include movement which provide him more goal scoring chances
We are not getting Dzeko for 15 mio, and Dzeko's wages are crazy as well. :)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
A player like Drogba who is as old as van Persie would be in 5 years didn't leave because he didn't have the level to stay in Premier League. :) I don't think he'll be leaving Europe in 5 years unless he's in it for the money.

They all are when they reach near the end of their career, they don't have anything to prove anymore so why not get some easy millions for a couple of years.

---------- Post added 31.07.2012 at 19:27 ----------

We are not getting Dzeko for 15 mio, and Dzeko's wages are crazy as well. :)
Dzeko might even cost more than RVP but with lower wages, but not to forget that he is a lot younger and way less injury prone. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want RVP since we're not in a position to say no to players like him and probably should take the risk but as I said earlier I'd still take Dzeko over him.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
Why are we willing to offer Arsenal 20m € + 5-10m € a year for RvP concluding in something like 70m€ and not raise the Jovetic offer to 30m € and offer him 3-4m € a year concluding in something like 50m€. So. On a 5 year basis we would save 20m € on signing Jovetic given the wage dissimilarities between RvP and Jovetic?
Because a CF is what we desperately require right now, not an SS. And RvP represents a great opportunity in the market to get a top-class Champion CF - one of the top 3 in the world right now - at a bargain price (even at 25m euros) for a decent salary (net 7m a year) to knock in goals for the next 3 years. He is injury-prone and many feel thats a huge risk - but considering the whole package and potential, the risk is worth taking.

The pay-off would be massive and it's still a bargain. Marotta loves his bargains. We must keep in mind we have to compete on at least two major fronts next season, and it will be much more competitive. We have to do well in the UCL, flopping out will hurt our image to attract even more top-class players in the coming transfer windows. We have to show we are competitive. In the league, we have to land in the top 2 (ideally) spots to auto-qualify and to do that we'll have to fight Napoli, Inter, Milan, and Lazio/Udinese. We cannot afford to have another season of high goal-scoring chances and no finishing.

Jovetic is a great player with considerable potential, but not what we require right now. He's a SS, not a finisher. Dzeko is another great player, one we could use, but his current net wages at city are potentially 20% higher than what RvP would get at Juve. He'd have to take a considerable pay-cut, or we do a loan deal with City where they pay half his wages.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I have a question btw:

Why are we willing to offer Arsenal 20m € + 5-10m € a year for RvP concluding in something like 70m€ and not raise the Jovetic offer to 30m € and offer him 3-4m € a year concluding in something like 50m€ . So. On a 5 year basis we would save 20m € on signing Jovetic given the wage dissimilarities between RvP and Jovetic?

Before tax
After tax

even with the numbers you suggested Jovetic will cost 30mil + 4 or 5 years x 9.3mil (net 4mil)

Jul 28, 2002
Basically;

Rvp is a relatively high outlay for a purely short term (4years tops) investment.

Jojo is relatively overpriced for a long term investment.

Nevertheless Rvp would be flashing the cash and muscle as it would be a statement of intent

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I also think it is too risky, he would have no resale value after a few years, while Jovetić would. Even if he flops hard we could get 15 million for him at least.

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
We wouldn't get Dzeko for 15 and his wages are much more than 4m a season.

Likewise, we wouldn't need to pay 25 for van Persie

I also think if van Persie flopped here he would still have a decent resale value within 1 year. An english club would easily give us 15 or so million as they would still believe they could get best out of him

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
In a "long term" scenario I would rather jo-jo than RVP. Especially if were offering around the £20m Mark. But we need a so called "bomber" therefore dot dot dot get RVP. If were guaranteed jo jo next season ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)