Roberto Mancini - Manager - Manchester City (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I feel like since the club is so bent on representing Italians by bring Italian players then it only makes sense to have an Italian coach, otherwise if they bring a foreign coach that means they will bring foreign players.

Counter productive to the cause.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The only difference is Mancini won't get what he wants here. If he wants Benzema, he will end up with Acquafresca, if he demands Mascherano, he will get Palombo, and instead of Sanchez or Neymar, he will get Parolo.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's funny how people think we can offer coaches high wages. In the end we'll bring in Mancini with sky high wages and Villas Boas will leave eventually to some club and get less for his wages.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It's funny how people think we can offer coaches high wages. In the end we'll bring in Mancini with sky high wages and Villas Boas will leave eventually to some club and get less for his wages.
I'm quite sure Mancini will get 'acceptable' wages if he joins us.

Jul 15, 2006
You make a valid point, I forgot that managers in England had more control over purchases. It's what he does with them at times which puts me off.
True. But to be honest I'm just looking at the paper not the pitch. Tévez, Yaya Touré, Kolarov, Balotelli, Jérôme Boateng, David Silva would seem to me like good signings. I suppose every team needs a certain amount of time, you can't expect to win things directly after splashing the cash. Who knows if their owner's know that. Besides there have been purchases like James Milner, etc too...

May 22, 2007
True. But to be honest I'm just looking at the paper not the pitch. Tévez, Yaya Touré, Kolarov, Balotelli, Jérôme Boateng, David Silva would seem to me like good signings. I suppose every team needs a certain amount of time, you can't expect to win things directly after splashing the cash. Who knows if their owner's know that. Besides there have been purchases like James Milner, etc too...
I don't think he got Tévez? But yeah, last summer there was some very good signings for City. Without all that money though, I do wonder what would happen.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Mancini is probably, and in my opinion is better than Del Neri. But jumping from an average manager to another will not lead us anywhere, it's time to get a quality manager that will take this club to the next level, where we belong, enough of clowns, Mancini won't change anything..

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mancini is probably, and in my opinion is better than Del Neri. But jumping from an average manager to another will not lead us anywhere, it's time to get a quality manager that will take this club to the next level, where we belong, enough of clowns, Mancini won't change anything..
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)