Roberto Bettega (6 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
boards should be elected. appointed boards feel no responsibility. some can say it was always like this but we had Gianni Angelli back then, who cared about Juventus and protected it. He chose best directors because he aimed best. He had vision and passion.

on the other, Elkann brothers are:sergio:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I've never been a fan of the current management (and probably never will be) but we've got to reallize that "maybe we just can't afford Hiddink" !!

I never doubt the board and management wanting what is best for Juve but i remember when we first were knocked out of the Champions league there was an article about how we need to sell or loan out some of our players to keep the books balanced.

I just think we can't afford Hiddink financially thats the main reason we can't get the guy (atleast thats what i'd think).

Jul 2, 2006
I've never been a fan of the current management (and probably never will be) but we've got to reallize that "maybe we just can't afford Hiddink" !!

I never doubt the board and management wanting what is best for Juve but i remember when we first were knocked out of the Champions league there was an article about how we need to sell or loan out some of our players to keep the books balanced.

I just think we can't afford Hiddink financially thats the main reason we can't get the guy (atleast thats what i'd think).
Hiddink is not a urgency but saying ''never doubted Ferrara'' is intolerable.
what is needed to make them doubt?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They ofcourse doubted Ciro, lunacy otherwise. But to think or do so, and saying that publically, its a world apart (and he has been getting majorly blasted in media last 2 weeks, and they said pip to cover his ass). They said the same about Ranieri, never did they show anything but support publically.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
boards should be elected. appointed boards feel no responsibility. some can say it was always like this but we had Gianni Angelli back then, who cared about Juventus and protected it. He chose best directors because he aimed best. He had vision and passion.

on the other, Elkann brothers are:sergio:
The board IS elected by shareholders, i.e. people risking their own money.

And Bettega is not Zamparini. They will not say Ciro is sacked, or near sacking, under any circumstanced. It's undermining his authority with the squad, no matter how little he has, it's putting unnecessary pressure on him, etc. They will only say he's fired only after they did it.

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
I beg to differ. I think now the board is giving confidence to Ferrara. The current situation is that everyone in the squad has somehow lost that bit of confidence. Bettega is trying to give Ferrara confidence, which in turn, gives the squad that morale boost..

Imagine you are a player in Juve, you will feel like it is all Ferrara's fault that you cannot perform. and in such a way, you will also tend to perform lousier than you usually do. it is a domino effect and it will affect other players too. Furthermore, the media is writing every other day, it is quite a frustration.

But with a more positive environment and situation, the players will perform better i believe. Let us just give Juve some time. Just pray that the media will not give anymore irritating news to the squad to lose focus.

Forza Juve!

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
So Bettega was our magic saviour because he showed passion after a win, and now he's a moron because of an interview?

Interesting, to say the least.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For trying to put himself at the same level of the other clowns.

How can you say "I never doubted" when is clear as water that the guy has done nonsense in most games?.
Even when is supposedly a morale boost, it looks embarrasing and faked.

Man, not even the players have confidence in Ciro, why to lie to the people?.

So Bettega was our magic saviour because he showed passion after a win, and now he's a moron because of an interview?

Interesting, to say the least
Tell that to the ones who were jumping on a seat when Bettega was doing this against a shitty Parma and with dreadful display from us. But still is good to see some passion at least.

May 22, 2007
"Once the powerhouse of Italian football, Juve have fallen behind the leading pack in Serie A in recent times and were rocked by angry protests by increasingly disgruntled supporters, following a 3-0 home defeat against AC Milan earlier this month. "

Ok read it again:

"Once the powerhouse of English football, Liverpool have fallen behind the leading pack in the premiership in recent times and were rocked by angry protests by increasingly disgruntled supporters, following a 2-1 home defeat against Reading earlier this week".

Your call Juve.lol

- Mike, Oxford
:howler:

"Sportsmail can reveal that Bettega is a close personal friend of the Liverpool manager, as well as admirer of his coaching skills, and would have no hesitation recommending him for the task of reviving Juventus' fortunes."

Like they are some sort of in the know related to Bettega or something? EXACTLY like "Sky Sports understands....."

I'll wait until Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)