Roberto Bettega (6 Viewers)

Jan 22, 2009
Official: Bettega joins Juve board

Wednesday 23 December, 2009

It is now official that Roberto Bettega is back at Juventus as the new Vice-Director General of the club.

The rumour had been around for over a week and this evening the Bianconeri’s website announced the news.

“A symbol of Juventus returns home. As of today, Bettega is the new Vice-Director General of the club with immediate effect,” read a statement.

“I proposed for Bettega to become part of our organisation and take on responsibility for all the sporting area,” added President Jean-Claude Blanc.

“It was a decision made in the last few months. Roberto is the right man for this role, because he is able to bring to the technical staff and the sporting directors the right experience and authority, guaranteeing further solidity to our ambitions.

“He brings with him the passion for football and the love for a club he helped write history with. His introduction in a position of high responsibility consolidates our directorial staff.”

This is his fourth stint at the club, as Bettega was already in Turin as a player, Vice-President as part of the Triade with Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo from 1994 to 2006, then a transfer consultant in 2007.

He was cleared in the Calciopoli trial and it’s believed his comeback marks a step down for under-fire director of sport Alessio Secco.

“I accepted Blanc’s proposal with enthusiasm and will immediately begin work for my Juventus,” said Bettega on the club website.

“My trust in the work done by the club and those who lead it give me the certainty that, with everyone’s contribution and the support of the fans, we will be competitive at the top level.”

Bettega was in the Juve youth academy and went on to play for the side until 1983 after 480 games and 178 goals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
How's the relationship between Moggi and Bettega?

I'm starting to believe that Blanc brought in Bettega just to stop Moggi from criticizing the management :D

Welcome back Grande Bettega.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Like anyone could ever shut up Moggi without sending him to the bottom of the Tyrrhenian Sea in concrete shoes. :rolleyes:

:D
:lol:

But seriously, I think Moggi should stop bashing the management regularly. The players are starting to lose confidence in "The Project".

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
This move itself will bring a postive aura around the club and it was a great choice by blanc. Players who played 'under' him during 2006 would certainly feel refreshed and its great way to make some amends to the fans. Bettega :juventus: knows juventus, feels juventus there just couldnt be anyone better than him to take up that position.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, it seems that half of the point of this move has paid off already.

The gloom is already lifting, before he has even done anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)