Roberto Baggio (15 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I don't get what is so bad about players wanting to play as long as they possibly can. They started doing this as kids, most probably they quite enjoy it so why shouldn't they? The whole thing about quitting while you're ahead is such a PR stunt, I mean it's nice for an athlete to be remembered as a world beater right up to his retirement but it's not like Van Basten was a superstar at 15, everyone starts at the bottom. So why can't we consider the career of a player to peak at ~25-30 and then just fade out just as it started? :)
Now you make it sound like Baggio was on a career high when he quit...

Buy on AliExpress.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Of course he was not on his peack cause he was 37 but forgetting the age he was still one of serie A best players. And btw he scored the most beautiful goals of the tournament, he was the most skilful and spectacolar, that's why most of the peaple wuold like to have him back... cause the feeling is that also that there are many good players around nobody so elegant and classful will ever be born...

Anycase guys... 2 days ago Roby released an interview to "Gazzetta dello sport" in which he said that he thanks the teams who made him an offer (Lazio, Fiorentina, Bologna and Brescia), he is proud to see that peaple wuold like to see him back on the field but he won't reconsider his idea cause now he want to dedicate to his family and also cause the farewell was perfect like this.

I kinda agree with gray: if Roby wuold play an other year his "good by" wuold not be so emotional again. He closed grately, with the whole country focusing on him and praying him not to do it... it is the best way to close 4 a grate champion like this.

Also if it's sad that we won't see his magics anymore and if a little part of me is still hoping that he will get bored to see matchs in TV and decide to play again I support his decision of quitting.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I miss him already and it's only the beginning of the season :down: And on the weekend, when we played Brescia, I was like 'hmm where is Baggio, why isn't he playing :confused: ' ... then the cruel reality hit me.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
hey guys does anyone know about baggios next match. The farewell match for romario in the rose bowl in pasadena. Any info on this let me know cuz i want to go see Baggio and i live about 30 minutes away from pasadenas rose bowl. I hope tickets arent sold out.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
dont worry nina we will get to see Roby Baggio one more time f i hear rightin this farewell match in rose bowl. Ill try my best and go to this event. =D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Baggio will be included in the benefit game for tsunami relief in a couple weeks. He will be a part of Sheva's team.

Unfortunately for him, Lippi will be the coach

I hope Lippi will play him, and treat him the same as the rest of the squad

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Baggio will be included in the benefit game for tsunami relief in a couple weeks. He will be a part of Sheva's team.

Unfortunately for him, Lippi will be the coach

I hope Lippi will play him, and treat him the same as the rest of the squad
Precisely. C'mon let Baggio play, Lippi!!

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
haha what are the odds ah?
but oh well, im sure there both mature enough to put their differences behind them for this benefit.

it will be great to see baggio in a jersey again :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)