Roberto Baggio (14 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Baggio was always overrated. His fans couldn't deal with the fact Del Piero was clearly a better player and thus started a hate campaign towards the latter. It's why, even though I used to be a Baggio fan, refuse to see any more clips of his.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Baggio was always overrated. His fans couldn't deal with the fact Del Piero was clearly a better player and thus started a hate campaign towards the latter. It's why, even though I used to be a Baggio fan, refuse to see any more clips of his.
I am sorry but that a load of crap. Hes one of the best players to ever touch a ball and thank god that his performances speak for him and he doesn't need people like you to give him credit.

:pint:

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
after all these years seven, you still make me laugh

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
Apr 25, 2007
yes... the numbers speak for themselves...

Baggio virtually single-handedly won the UEFA Cup for Juve (back when the UEFA Cup was actually worth somethin')...

Del Piero has led Juve to multiple cup finals only to choke at the final... let's take the 2003 CL final for example... his marker was the grandpa Costacurta & later the "great & brilliant" Roque Junior who got injured... than finally make-shift RB Ambrosini... Del Piero was invisible all the time against these great defenders...

check Juve's record durin' Baggio's time... he virtually scored about half all the goals that the team scored collectively...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yet Del Piero is the club's all time topscorer and did win the WC, scoring a penalty kick which Baggio so glamorously failed to do. Baggio also never won the CL and only holds 2 scudetti. There's a reason Juventus chose for Del Piero at one point and it's becoming more and more clear every day.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
Apr 25, 2007
Gilardino has won the CL & WC... he must be as good as Del Piero?

Roque Junior won the CL & WC too... he must be better than some legendary Juventus player?

Dida has won the CL & WC too... he must be better than Buffon?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
FFS, you know very well Baggio hasn't got half the throphy cabinet DP does. And that's not because of others, that's because of DP himself. It's symptomatic Baggio never became a legend for a club you know.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
Apr 25, 2007
yes... you are right...

that's why Gilardino is as good as (and one day could be better than) Del Piero... his trophy cabinet is almost as big as Del Piero plus he is younger & could win even more... thus with a possibility of havin' a much bigger trohpy cabinet than Del Piero did in his entire career...

and Baggio has won Ballon d'Or... FIFA POTY & World POTY in 1993... does Del Piero have that? was Del Piero even close to winnin' one at the peak of his career?

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
Apr 25, 2007
So when did Baggio become a club symbol? When did he become an all time topscorer?
Baggio is Italy's highest goal-scorer of all time in the WC along with Rossi & Vieri with 9 goals...

Baggio is the only Italian to have scored in 3 WCs...

what about Del Piero? how is his goal-scorin' record with Italy?

he didn't win the WC as a starter:p
exactly... Del Piero wasn't a starter when Italy won the WC too...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
zZ[-_-]Zz;1385119 said:
Baggio is Italy's highest goal-scorer of all time in the WC along with Rossi & Vieri with 9 goals...

Baggio is the only Italian to have scored in 3 WCs...

what about Del Piero? how is his goal-scorin' record with Italy?

exactly... Del Piero wasn't a starter when Italy won the WC too...
DP won the WC. Baggio could have scored fifty for all I care, he didn't win.

And DP's goal scoring record with Italy is pretty damn awesome to say the least. 27 goals isn't bad.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I like them both...they are great in their own ways
Oh, but I like Baggio. No question about that. In fact, he was my favorite player before Del Piero came along. Baggio's fans however have always dismissed DP as a pretty boy, whereas he's clearly the better player.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
Apr 25, 2007
DP won the WC. Baggio could have scored fifty for all I care, he didn't win.

And DP's goal scoring record with Italy is pretty damn awesome to say the least. 27 goals isn't bad.
you asked if Baggio was ever an all-time top scorer... i gave you that...

like i said previously... Gilardino has won the WC... does that make him as good as Del Piero?

Buffon hasn't won the CL... Dida has 2... does that make Dida better than Buffon?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
zZ[-_-]Zz;1385132 said:
you asked if Baggio was ever an all-time top scorer... i gave you that...

like i said previously... Gilardino has won the WC... does that make him as good as Del Piero?

Buffon hasn't won the CL... Dida has 2... does that make Dida better than Buffon?
My bad, I mean to ask when he ever was an all time topscorer for a club. Sure, Baggio had a great run in the game, but DP's impact was simply much bigger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)