Robert Kovac (2 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Both have performed well in the NT.
Tudor is slow but tall, Kovac is quick but he's not as tall compared to Tudor so IMO they provide cover for each other.

However I agree that Tudor is more solid than Kovac.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

true both have performed for the nt..and they are great cover.

i just hope tudor isn't sold to udinese, he is a good player. theonly problem is he doesn't play, and when he does play he doesn't play in his normal position(cb). i remember the pushed him to a right back, then to a dmc..he plays best as a centre back. i remember 2, 3 seasons ago when we were playing against inter, tudor marked vieiri..vieri looked like a helpless child..

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Let's wait and see Kovac in official games. However he is an experienced player, who played a lot on the highest level so he could be quality backup for Thuram.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Kovac is fast for a central defender, has decent marking and tackling ability, reads he game very well, however I'm not sure how good he is in the air. I think we have found ourselves a competent backup if not a starter if Thuram goes astray this season, albeit costing us absolutely nothing. Kovac has had to play next to Lucio this past season, and the latter made most of the mistakes that I can remember. Kovac was certainly the more solid of the two, so place him next to a good defender like Cannavaro we should be in very good shape.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Cannavaro calls for back-up
Posted by Martin | Football Italia

Fabio Cannavaro insists Juventus will again prove their defensive strength this term even if he wants the club to bring in more new stoppers.

The outfit had the best defensive record in Serie A last term but they have lost numerous players at the back this summer.

Paolo Montero’s contract has expired, Ciro Ferrara has quit, while Nicola Legrottaglie has again been loaned out with Siena his new destination.

"There is nothing to fear. We will again be the best defence in the championship and we’ll prove that on the field of play during important games," the Italy captain told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"But you need a big squad in today’s game and reserves for every position. That is the case here too and we might need something else in defence.

"Having numerous options available will allow players to catch their breath, it will also be easier to achieve our objective of fighting on all fronts until the very end.

"Who could we sign? I don’t know who, you need to ask our director general Luciano Moggi. He has no need for any suggestions because we all have great faith in his ability."

One new arrival who has impressed the defender though is Croatian centre-back Robert Kovac, a free signing from Bayern Munich.

"Kovac is a quality player with great experience," boasted the 31-year-old. "He needs a little time to settle but he will be very useful in such a long season.

"He’s a ‘German’ type player and very concrete. If there is a need to kick the ball into the stands then he doesn’t think twice about it."

Meanwhile, Inter midfielder Cristiano Zanetti is again being linked following Alessio Tacchinardi’s move to Villarreal.

The Bianconeri are ready to offer Inter the services of striker Fabrizio Miccoli for the former Roma man.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Kovac is a very good buy, definately a quality defender, i rate him Above tudor, considering Tudor's recent performances and sometimes stupidity.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Any news on Kovac's condition? He suffered an injury against Cesena and hasn't played since...

Aug 1, 2003
Tudor might be the most injury-prone player in the world and he might not be the best in Juve but to claim Kovac is better than him - when the season hasnt even started yet - and to think how much Tudor has contributed to us? Hello? Remember Deportivo; Parma?

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Tudor does score a lot of goals for a defender. But he never played enough matches in a row to say that he was really important for Juve. Kovac has been a great defender with Bayern for years, and I would be very surprised if he won't be first choice sub.

Aug 1, 2003
I dont think he was "really important" to Juventus, but I somehow get offended with people claiming Kovac is better than Tudor. Well he probably is with Bayern, but I'd like to see how the season will turn out first for him then judge no ?

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Come on Sally, if you put it like that then how do we know if Vieira is better then Blasi? It's perfectly normal to assume that Kovac will be better then Tudor, based on performance in the last three seasons. Of course Tudor could suddenly go back to his 2000 form, but even then Cannavaro and Thuram will play anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)