Robert Kovac (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
In the team now we have a number of center backs ,
canna, thuram,tudor, gianni, and kovac, chielliini.

Kovac is doing well in the pre-season, played some good games. Although he wasnt convincing with bayern last year he is doing well this year untill now.
i would like to see him next to canna next season

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I always though he was good when watching Bayern games the past few seasons, I'm really happy we have him as a backup. You listed Chiellini as a centre back, but he's not.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Well Kovac is ard the same age as Canna, but having him as backup is surely good. But I really hope that Tudor will still be ard. It's time to help him maximize his potentials.

Mar 6, 2005
One good thing is that he's pretty quick.. Much quicker than Thuram, and he plays right-back, as well, I think.. He would be great backup.. or even starting a few games as well..

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Oh yeah kovac is great cover, but we cant judge him on our friendly games. time will tell.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Kovac has been very solid in all the games he's played with us this summer, and though they are only friendlies meant to get the players match fit and to give the coach an idea of what system best suits the players he has at his disposal, Kovac's ability to replace Thuram or Cannavaro for whatever reason (whether it be lack of form, injury, suspension or fatigue) is a boost for the team.

If one of our first team centre backs were unavailable last season we had to play Montero so to get a useful squad player like Kovac on a free transfer was yet another good move by Moggi and the club.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Kovac and Tudor were rocksolid against Sweden when Croatia won 1-0 in the euro qualification match.

Jul 2, 2005
nothing spectacular about him, gives us a bit of height at the back, make up for cannavaro's short comings (that was not meant as any sort of pun) a good player if thuram or canna get injured i couldnt think of a better back up

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well i don't rate him very highly, tudor is better.. but as a back up he'd be good.. he plays for my national team and never flops, he is pretty reliable, something tudor isn't..but still tudor is very good at scoring goals, so overall tudor is better.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
That's the best way to put it, John.
To be honest it the only way to put it, he aint the future of the club, he aint a starter, so he is jus top class cover....which is gr8 considering who we have had as cover in the pst years .:dontcare:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)