River Plate want Salas deal (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
River Plate are keen to agree terms with Juventus in a bid to complete the signing of Marcelo Salas.

The Chilean international is currently on loan with the Argentine side and is set to return to Turin in the summer.

However, the South American outfit are hoping to keep ‘El Matador’ once his loan spell expires.

"Our idea is that he could remain," River Plate President Mario Israel is quoted as saying. "I’ll look to take advantage of our good relationship with Juve in order to do that."

Salas has recently returned to action in Argentina after a two-month injury lay-off by scoring on Sunday.

The 30-year-old doesn’t seem to figure in Juve’s plans anymore seeing as their forward options now include David Trezeguet, Alex Del Piero, Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli.

The Bianconeri signed Salas in 2001 for £12m from Lazio. However, his maiden Turin term saw him rupture knee ligaments that severely affected his Juve career.

Salas is currently in his second spell with River after two splendid seasons there in the 1990s, where he scored 24 goals in 53 League games.

Football Italia

The sooner the better I would say. If they want him soo badly, maybe we should demand someone in exchange :devil:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    Would prefer a defender, but hmmm ok, they can send him :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    if cavenaghi doesnt join juve i will pay a visit to moggi and headbutt him multiple times.

give them salas in exchange for cavenaghi and we can sell di vaio to get cash for quality young defenders. its a blessing IMO!

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #8
    I might be way off here but isn't Cavenaghi more like Trez? Would be better to sell David then, no?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    thats the whole point nina. cavenaghi is similar to trezeguet which is what we need if we want back up to trezeguet.

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #10
    But David costs us a lot, we could get Cavenaghi and call back Cipriani, too youthful combination, but what the heck, it's time we take a risk!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    DV earns 3 times what trez does. only makes sense to sell DV and use that cash to get another quality defender. plus we could give trez a better contract. have trez, cavenaghi, cipriani and dp and miccoli. sell DV and zalayeta.

looks good to me.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    But David costs us a lot, we could get Cavenaghi and call back Cipriani, too youthful combination, but what the heck, it's time we take a risk!
    the last time we took a risk was when DP came to the team. Risk is not in our vocabulary. we'd better lose a good young player and not take a risk

btw, i was being sarcastic

Jul 28, 2002
    Buy Rodi....loan him to river.

Give em salas, skank Cave..plus they have rodi for a year.....plus hopefully they become feeder club for us...we give em cash...surely that would eb a good investment for the future in terms of south american players development.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    rodi being rodriguez? if we get him, and want to loan him, wouldnt it be better for him to play in serie A at least?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)