Rivaldo Quits Milan! (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
RIVALDO QUITS MILAN!
Friday 26 September, 2003

Rivaldo is no longer a Milan player after he had his request to terminate his contract accepted.

The shock move comes just days after he held talks with Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti over his future use.

The Brazilian was unhappy at having rarely played for the Rossoneri and had threatened to leave the club in January.

The World Cup winner arrived at the San Siro last summer after he had his contract rescinded with Barcelona.

The club will hold a Press conference on Friday afternoon regarding the whole situation.

The player is now a free agent and can move to any club immediately with Real Madrid reportedly interested.

Rivaldo explains Milan exit
Friday 26 September, 2003

Rivaldo says he quit Milan because he simply couldn’t accept the fact that he was playing so rarely.

The Brazilian terminated his contract with the European giants on Friday after failing to break into the first team.

"I made my mind up last night," the World Cup winner said this afternoon. "I couldn’t handle not playing regularly anymore.

"I understood the situation in Week 1 against Ancona when I sat on the bench for the entire game.

"I thought to myself that if I couldn’t play in that kind of match then I wouldn’t feature in the really big clashes.

"This is just a personal decision and I feel that I’m making the right choice. I’m not looking for anyone to blame."

The attacking midfielder arrived in Italy last year after he rescinded his contract with Barcelona.

"I always dreamed of playing for Milan and I’m happy that I won the Champions’ League with this club," he added.

"I’m disappointed that the Rivaldo witnessed in Spain didn’t turn up here. I had my problems last term and nothing had changed much this time around."

Despite having showdown talks with boss Carlo Ancelotti this week, Rivaldo asked Milan this morning to end their agreement immediately.

"He asked us and we accepted to meet his needs on friendly terms," said Vice-president Adriano Galliani.

"I would like to thank Rivaldo for his work here in which he has contributed to the three trophies which we have won over the past 12 months."

Rivaldo, who was earning around £3.5m a season, is now a free agent and could team up with international colleague Ronaldo at Real Madrid. Even if he has other options.

"The fact that I played against Porto in the Super Cup means that I can’t be used in the Champions’ League this term," he noted.

"There is a chance that I could move to England but I will evaluate all of my options with calm.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yep, i read it in the morning.

Well, its better for him. NOw he must find a team where he will be able to have first team action, and find himself again.
Then start to think where to end his career.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
now who would need a astronomically waged, european handicapped, potentially harmony damaging, extremely gifted, world cup medal holding, free, world class Brazilian superstar?:eek:

* chelsea, chelsea~..chealsea, chealsea~ *

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
now who would need a astronomically waged, european handicapped, potentially harmony damaging, extremely gifted, world cup medal holding, free, world class Brazilian superstar?:eek:

* chelsea, chelsea~..chealsea, chealsea~ *
:LOL: i was thinking on that too!

Rivaldo is talking about real madrid,,,but i think that he will not have space in there, with figo zidane and company, all of them playing better tan him right now.

Jul 19, 2003
He's not blaming anyone........the niceness of this guy. I would've blasted Milan till my vocal cords gave out.

Wherever he goes, I wish him the best of luck to end a spectacular career like his.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
He's not blaming anyone........the niceness of this guy. I would've blasted Milan till my vocal cords gave out.

Wherever he goes, I wish him the best of luck to end a spectacular career like his.
Agreed, he hasn't given any criticism at all, and when such a player as Rivaldo gets to play as little as he did... you've gotta have some bitter feelings... but then again, Rivaldo's unpredictable (who would've thought he's a dirty cheater before WC2002?)... maybe he'll take the traditional footballer's route and criticise the club about a week after you've left them...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why would Real Madrid want Rivaldo? They've got Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Raul and Ronaldo! If Rivaldo joins the Spanish champions, surely he'll be a sub!

His best bet is to join Man City or some other fairly small Premiership team.

I would wish him good luck, but he's Brazilian, so too bad :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Why would Real Madrid want Rivaldo? They've got Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Raul and Ronaldo! If Rivaldo joins the Spanish champions, surely he'll be a sub!

His best bet is to join Man City or some other fairly small Premiership team.
:eek: Rivaldo at Man City :eek:

I would wish him good luck, but he's Brazilian, so too bad :D
What have u got against Brazilians?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Agreed, he hasn't given any criticism at all, and when such a player as Rivaldo gets to play as little as he did... you've gotta have some bitter feelings... but then again, Rivaldo's unpredictable (who would've thought he's a dirty cheater before WC2002?)... maybe he'll take the traditional footballer's route and criticise the club about a week after you've left them...
or maybe he's releasing a book about his life in which he will criticise the players coach, team, owner, board and fans....

im surprised at how smoothly and rapidly it came to this. there was no news of a fight, or anything...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

or maybe he's releasing a book about his life in which he will criticise the players coach, team, owner, board and fans....

im surprised at how smoothly and rapidly it came to this. there was no news of a fight, or anything...
:LOL: don't forget the Inzaghi brothers, Alf Inge Haaland and your national team coach :D

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
:LOL: something of a trend these days. diss people in autobiographies. next time u have a bad experience with ur hairdresser dont diss. get a book published and send her a signed copy. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)