Rigoni! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by olekent ] ++
Just heard he's at Triestina on loan... Anyone knows if he's finally fit and playing??

Would love if he's came back in great shape... Biggest talent I have ever seen!! But 23 years old now...
:LOL: That guy is so washed up.

OP

olekent

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Honestly... I don't think you have ever seen him play!! Unfortunately he's had many troubles with injuries:down:

Jul 12, 2002
    Honestly... I don't think you have ever seen him play!! Unfortunately he's had many troubles with injuries:down:
    I have seen him play! The guy is lucky to be stading and walking, his football career is long over.

OP

olekent

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    I sure don't hope so!! But the injuries haven't made him better!

I would love to see him wearing the black and white shirt, just once more!!

Jul 12, 2002
    I sure don't hope so!! But the injuries haven't made him better!

I would love to see him wearing the black and white shirt, just once more!!
    Then we should sell him to Newcastle. :LOL:

Jul 12, 2002
    Nah! Sell Davids, the drug-addict in stead...
    Hah, you are funny! :LOL: Davids is a top ten midfielder, Rigoni is a washed up nothing! Besides, it was never conclusively proven that Davids took the drugs knowingly.

OP

olekent

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Bah! He took 'em, and should have been banned for two years! He's not longer a top ten midfielder... hasn't been the same, since he had to quit nandrolone!!

Jul 12, 2002
    Bah! He took 'em, and should have been banned for two years! He's not longer a top ten midfielder... hasn't been the same, since he had to quit nandrolone!!
    Right mate, I suppose you've seen him play this then have you? Davids is back to top form, and just because you think that he took them, doesn't make it true.

OP

olekent

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    He's not as good as a couple of years ago! I beleive we should have fired him, when he tested positive!

Jul 12, 2002
    He's not as good as a couple of years ago! I beleive we should have fired him, when he tested positive!
    That's not legal to fire him like that, and he may not be as good, but he is still the among the best at his position.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Ian ... shut up!!!

Welcome to the forum olekent :) There were some rumours that he got injured, but as much as I tried looking on the net I couldn't find a thing that would deny or prove this :undecide:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    Ian ... shut up!!!

Welcome to the forum olekent :) There were some rumours that he got injured, but as much as I tried looking on the net I couldn't find a thing that would deny or prove this :undecide:
    I see we have another Rigoni fan in denial!

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    Ian: Maybe because Rigoni was just as good as DP at Primavera level, touted as a big star for the future, a big Juve fan, and suffered through one torn cruciate ligaments injury after another. MAYBE he doesn't deserve Juventus fans calling him 'a washed up nothing' while trying to get his carrier back together? As none of us could have possibly seen him play after he came back from injury (unless there's someone from Trieste here which I never knew) you can't have any idea on his status now.

However- the most likely thing is of course that he will never be a star.

olekent: I must admit I think you're being severely prejudicial here. There are too many doubts sourrounding the entire nandrolon affairs and CONI's administration of these. Doubts that in my opinion should work on Davids behalf. Don't be too blinded by your apparent apathy towards him either. He is a crucial player for us. Top 5, top 10 or whereever he ranks.

Ciao.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Ian,
    What are you on about... have you ever seen him play??
    As a youth he was our most talented player since dp by a mile, maybe even better!
    He was our primavera captain and was fantastic both for the youth and in several sub appearances.
    The guy has suffered numerous horrible injuries yet your having a dig at him.
    And even then do you not remember his stunning performance as a sub against samp in the coppa a couple of years ago jus before he went on loan.
    The guy was a real talent and it is terrible shame what has happened to him, I have no doubt from the times ive seen him play that but for the injuries he would have been a juve and italy hero.

OP

olekent

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    Glenn: Sorry for being prejudicial, but I don't like my club being linked with drugs and cheating, and therefore I beleive it would have been better to let him go!

But thanks for the support about Rigoni! It just tore my heart, that a Juve-fan could call him a washed up nothing!
    I'd tore my own cruciate ligament a couple of years ago, and know it's not that easy to come back from such an injury!
    But hope Marco will manage it... He was great!

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    Glenn: Sorry for being prejudicial, but I don't like my club being linked with drugs and cheating...
    Yeah... it's too bad and all, but following through on that everyone from the 1996-1998 years are "under suspicion" with an ongoing trial still.

What matters is that severe alleagtions must be well backed before rendering a prefessional, dedicated footballers carrier virtually over at the highest level. By all accounts- the nandrolon saga was too weird, and when checking the universiyt reports on the sceintific knowledge on nandolon- it really didn't seem as if the decisions made by CONI were very well founded.

On the rest- we're all good :).

Ciao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)