Riddle me this: about Juve's arch rivals... (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2003
Hi there. Some of you might have already met me on the Transfer Talk forum where I posted the piece of news regarding right central back Gonzalo Rodríguez's almost confirmed transfer.

If he happens to come here, most definitely I will start rooting for la Vecchia Signora. Right now I'm supporting Chievo Verona because of Argentine Mario Santana, as well as Salernitana in Serie B because of my fellow countryman, Ricardo Matías Verón, who used to play in Reggina (to whom I still have some feelings, too).

Anyway, I was just wondering... What is Juventus' arch rival these days? I'm guessing it's Milan, specially after seeing all those flyers and posters thanking Boca for having defeated them in the European-South American Cup (FYI, that is the actual name of the Cup and NOT Intercontinental Cup).

But I was wondering... What about Torino? I know, I know. That team is not as big as it used to be these days, but in the early 60's it was probably the biggest Italian club.

I'm guessing it's Italian supporters of Juve who must hate Torino and care more about their rivalry with them rather than international fans who don't "have" to live in Turin.

Probably it's a similar situation to what happens with Manchester United and Manchester City, the latter being the most popular team in Manchester but not nearly as successful as the former.

Another similar case would be Real Madrid sharing the city with Atlético Madrid but still having Barcelona as their arch rival.

So you tell me. What team do you hate most? So that I will hate them too if I end up becoming a Juve fan as well. :nasty:

(Sorry, maybe this thread should be moved to the Rookie/history forum)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Hola, ¡¿cómo estás?! :)

¿Vos sos venezolana o argentina viviendo en Venezuela?

Si sos lo primero, ¡mandale mis saludos a Gilberto Angelucci! ;) Todavía guardamos muy buenos recuerdos de él en San Lorenzo.

¿Si? ¿Hay muchos argentinos "posteando" aquí? Todavía no me "encontré" con ninguno...

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Gilberto Angelucci renuncio a la seleccion nacional!! :'(
    Soy de Caracas, 100% venezolana

Eres el segundo argentino que entra en menos de una semana, el primero esta siempre en el thread the la Copa Intercontinental, no me acuerdo bien de su username

Tu eres fan de Boca? A mi personalmente me gusta mas el River, pero en Boca-Milan le iba al Boca!! queria que el Milan perdiera, y ademas que se dejara el futbol suramericano bien en alto!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Well, as u said, the normal arch rivals of Juve is Torino... but taking in consideration the recent confrontations.. of course Milan are the "hot" rivals right now :)
    IN Europe... welll the usual guys: Manchester UTD, Deportivo, Real madrid, etc etc.

Barcelona´s hometown rivals are Espanyol if im not wrong

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++
    European-South American Cup (FYI, that is the actual name of the Cup and NOT Intercontinental Cup).
    thats the first tiime i know that.. but i am more accustomed with World Club Cup.,Intercontinental Cup, and Toyota Cup.;...:undecide:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++

So you tell me. What team do you hate most? So that I will hate them too if I end up becoming a Juve fan as well. :nasty:
    lol. there isn't such rule about it. you can hate every team you want :D

welcome.
    be a Juve fan even if Gonzalo Rodríguez will not move to Juve

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Traditionally, torino and Fiorentina are out biggest rivals.

But since those 2 clubs have been dogged with relegation and stuff, its Inter and Roma who Juve fans hate the most and then Milan obviously.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Roma. Maybe not because of the fans as much because of the Chairmans. Moggi and Sensi cant stand eachother. Moggi said that the only way a juve player will ever go to Roma is over his dead body.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Someday, Fiorentina will be back, and the fireworks will really start to fly once that happens.

Thankfully, the new ownership has money.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    i think juve rival is :roma. not cuz of the chairmans , actually cuz roma fans hate us more than inter and milan does... anyhow torino on the track aswell.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    why would you wanna wish that ??
    I hear our rivalry with Fiorentina is quite fierce

It's incredibly fierce. Especially after juve bought Baggio from Fiorentina in the early 90's. There were riots for 3 days, and some women even tried to jump off out of their apartment windows, it was so bad.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    many teams hate us, cuz we r the champ, and it's normal..so guys we always have to stand in there faces...Forza Azzurri & Black N White..
    yea...like moggi sed success tends to breed envy. but IMO...fiorentina is our gr8est arch rival. hope they'll climb back to serie A :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)