Richmond Boakye (3 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Reminds me a bit of Eto'o.

Him and Asamoah arent your typical African players imo. The both posses a good blend of physique and skills.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Etoo, Mboma, Okocha, Weah, abide pele, kanu, Mila, Mcarthy, song......
Oh I thought he meant modern day, not the best African players ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Gervinho, Taarabt, Zidane, Mikel, Essien, Toure, Andre Ayew & His brother, Pienaar. Shall I go on? And yes Algeria and Egypt are part of Africa
:lol: :lol: Other than that, ok. I think Gian is talking about sub-Saharan Africans though - ie black Africans.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Oh I thought he meant modern day, not the best African players ever.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: :lol: Other than that, ok. I think Gian is talking about sub-Saharan Africans though - ie black Africans.
In regards to skill one can't deny does Gervinho doesn't have any. The question is what he does with them. He's a horrible player yes but it's not as if he can't dribble. Mikel is arguable but when he was young he was easily one I the best African attacking mids.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There is a difference between dribbling/skill and technique, I see loads of African players who can dribble the ball well or show skills.

Ignore the whole 'African' thing, this is true for many physical/fast players as opposed to slower/weaker players, players play on what they are good at. A slow player has to be good technically. A fast player doesn't have to particularly, up to a certain level.

When you combine both you get fantastic players, the likes of Yaya, Eto'o and Essien are exactly that.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
There is a difference between dribbling/skill and technique, I see loads of African players who can dribble the ball well or show skills.

Ignore the whole 'African' thing, this is true for many physical/fast players as opposed to slower/weaker players, players play on what they are good at. A slow player has to be good technically. A fast player doesn't have to particularly, up to a certain level.

When you combine both you get fantastic players, the likes of Yaya, Eto'o and Essien are exactly that.
Even so you'll always find players with technique and or skill but whether or not they utilize them to their potential is up to the individual

That says more about the coaching at grassroots level...
100% Agree with you. Genetics can only take one so far...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)