Riccardo Orsolini*** (8 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Is there a chance he might be just kept here?

Orsolini: 'Why I chose Juventus'
By Football Italia staff

Riccardo Orsolini confirms his transfer to Juventus is imminent. “I chose them because it’s a club with an ambitious project.”

The Ascoli winger will finalise the move tomorrow for a reported €10m, including bonuses, a big investment for a player who turns 20 later this month and has never featured in Serie A.

“Is the deal done? Let’s say so, yes,” Orsolini told Mediaset Premium television.

“I will end the season with Ascoli and then begin this new adventure. It’s all very exciting, it happened so fast over the past year. I made my debut in Serie B and was able to show what I can do.”

His playing style has seen him compared to Arjen Robben.

“I started out as a wide attacker and prefer to play on the right so I can cut in and either shoot or set up my teammates. The Robben comparison is really too much! I will try to do my best, but I can’t compare myself to Robben.

“I have also played as a right-back. The Coach put me there to teach me how to defend better.”

Orsolini was wanted by numerous clubs, including Napoli and Milan, but opted for Juventus.

“Evidently black and white stripes are in my destiny,” he joked pointing to the Ascoli shirt.

“It’s surreal just to mention Juventus, let alone consider myself one of their players. I will try to prove my worth and then we’ll see.

“I chose Juventus because it’s a club with an ambitious project, they focus on youth and there’s no better place for me to grow.

“It’s an important step up and only the field will tell me if I’m ready. I am not afraid to sit on the bench, as I’m focused on working and then everything that arrives will be a bonus.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Good thing that he is left footed, we will need a mediocre cheap Italian youngster to rest Sandro, once Evra leaves, Aston Cutcher De Ceglie is not fit and youbg enough.

The right flank has 3 class players, so he can forget about that...

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
Is there a chance he might be just kept here?

Orsolini: 'Why I chose Juventus'
By Football Italia staff

Riccardo Orsolini confirms his transfer to Juventus is imminent. “I chose them because it’s a club with an ambitious project.”

The Ascoli winger will finalise the move tomorrow for a reported €10m, including bonuses, a big investment for a player who turns 20 later this month and has never featured in Serie A.

“Is the deal done? Let’s say so, yes,” Orsolini told Mediaset Premium television.

“I will end the season with Ascoli and then begin this new adventure. It’s all very exciting, it happened so fast over the past year. I made my debut in Serie B and was able to show what I can do.”

His playing style has seen him compared to Arjen Robben.

“I started out as a wide attacker and prefer to play on the right so I can cut in and either shoot or set up my teammates. The Robben comparison is really too much! I will try to do my best, but I can’t compare myself to Robben.

“I have also played as a right-back. The Coach put me there to teach me how to defend better.”

Orsolini was wanted by numerous clubs, including Napoli and Milan, but opted for Juventus.

“Evidently black and white stripes are in my destiny,” he joked pointing to the Ascoli shirt.

“It’s surreal just to mention Juventus, let alone consider myself one of their players. I will try to prove my worth and then we’ll see.

“I chose Juventus because it’s a club with an ambitious project, they focus on youth and there’s no better place for me to grow.

“It’s an important step up and only the field will tell me if I’m ready. I am not afraid to sit on the bench, as I’m focused on working and then everything that arrives will be a bonus.”
Ascoli said he's coming back, I'm guessing he means next season.

Riccardo Orsolini is likely to become a Juventus player on Monday, as Ascoli’s sporting director confirms “an agreement has been reached”.

The winger has been in talks with the Bianconeri, and Sky Italia is reporting that his signing will be made official on Monday.

It does appear that a deal is very close, as his current club have confirmed that an agreement is in place with the Turin giants.

“An agreement has been reached with Juventus,” Cristiano Giaretta revealed, speaking to PicenoTime.

“We’ll have to bring the details up to date. We couldn’t say much, but there’s always been the desire to get it done.

“It’s not true that there’s been a giant offer from Napoli, and there are some details still to be defined.

“There’s a basic deal, then there are variables and talks related to various players. What’s certain is that Orsolini will remain until the end of the season.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Good thing that he is left footed, we will need a mediocre cheap Italian youngster to rest Sandro, once Evra leaves, Aston Cutcher De Ceglie is not fit and youbg enough.

Ain't nobody taking lichtsteiners spot :klin:

It's good to have him in case berardi decides he isn't worthy of Juventus, hopefully he can grow into a wc name.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
"A mediocre cheap Italian youngster"

I don't know why mediocre, but we've Mattiello?
If you want a player with more expierence we should go for Masina (Bologna).
mediocre is good, because he needs to accept his subber role and low salary withhout issues and young is good because he might improve in the future. With Sandro and Cuadrado, our flanks are long termed covered.
With Asamoah missing most of the season each and every year to injuries and Evra leaving, we will need a subber next year there. On the right side its highly unlikely, Cuadrado is untouchable, even we finally sell (Jj forbid) Licht, Alves will remain and be the second option and many more, even our new DM also plays as RWB.
Poor Riccardo will have even less chances to ever appear on the right, than Lemina, yet on the left size, when Evra leaves, he will have plenty of chances, even he is the 3rd choice after tge always injured Asamoah
Ain't nobody taking lichtsteiners spot :klin:

It's good to have him in case berardi decides he isn't worthy of Juventus, hopefully he can grow into a wc name.
Orsolini is a fine tune for our future substitution needs, Licht might retire a bit earlier because of his heart issue, so its goid to have someone expendable available that he might, or might not, be needed, the younger, the better.
We have already decided on Berardi when we only sold him for 10mil without buyback option and prefered to buy back Zaza for 18mil instead... so orsolini it is!

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Orsolini is a fine tune for our future substitution needs, Licht might retire a bit earlier because of his heart issue, so its goid to have someone expendable available that he might, or might not, be needed, the younger, the better.
We have already decided on Berardi when we only sold him for 10mil without buyback option and prefered to buy back Zaza for 18mil instead... so orsolini it is!
I thought Lichtsteiner's contract runs out at the end of the season, or do we have an extra year option? Back to the topic at hand, yea it's definitely a smart move to have these kind of players all over the league getting game time and reserved for us if need be.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

:lol:

This kid an attacking fake winger (aka inside FW) who is closer to being a FORWARD then a fullback/wingback, so why the heck are you talking about such players?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Italy :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)