Riccardo Montolivo - CM - Fiorentina (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Milan have the right approach on this, this player would be a decent transfer, only if he joins for free.
He is not worthy of paying for him, esp for teams having so many options.

For us, it would be shooting our selves on the leg, why would we loan out Melo and risk losing him for free, only to create yet another need and be forced to lose even more money by buying yet another crappy player, just for the extra depth.
An extra depth we dont need, since the latest cup game vs Bologna has proven that even our subs can provide some decent cover and Montolivo would never challenge Pirlo, Vidal or Marchisio for a starters role.

The last player we need at the moment, is yet another CM
Adding Montolivo would not be shooting ourselves in the leg, quite the opposite.

How would Melo leave for free? He'll bought by Gala or another team for sure for €10m-13m.

If we sell Melo to Gala for €13m and buy Montolivo for €5mish we add one player to our first team squad. Not to mention €8m recovered.

Yes, decent cover vs Bologna's B team. Pazienza does not have the passing to cover for Pirlo who would most likely go out from injuries or whatever. Montolivo would provide decent depth for this as no players can pass long like Pirlo. Marrone, who looks promising, would struggle in big Serie A games at the moment. Giaccherini is a winger.

Montolivo would not be supposed to challenge a starting place for Pirlo, Vidal or Marchisio.

If you climbed out from under that rock, you would see that we do need another good CM.

Montolivo is not crap.

Also, did you ever think that Conte does not want Melo because of his attitude and shit mentality?

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
In a nutshell, we need Montolivo as a back-up for Pirlo.

None of our current CMs can do that role. They lack the creativity and the ability to control the pace.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we keep the 4-3-3 next year, we'll need better CMs for the bench. Right now we only have Pazienza and the primavera kid Marrone. We can't play CL and serie A with such poor depth in midfield.
Not just Montolivo, but another fine CM is needed.

A new defender (starter) is a must. Assuming that Barzagli, Licht and Chiellini will keep their starting spot, then we'll need a new LB or CB (depending where Giorgio will play). After that we'll have quite a bit selling and buying to do in midfield and attack in order to improve the team and make it competitive for CL.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We have the remainder of the season to give Marrone/Appelt time to play to rest the other 3, especially for Coppa games. By the end of this season we will know if we need a new CM or not to backup Pirlo, etc.

Give Marrone/Appelt some time and trust for heavens sake. Lets see what they are made of, if by the end of the season they haven't convinced...then we go for a CM backup in the summer.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think we can trust Marrone and give him a chance, Alen.
He won't get many chances in the near future. Even if we lose one of Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio to injury, some other CM will be preferred to Marrone.
It's smarter to do a "Marchisio to Empoli" at this point. If he stays in Juve he'll undoubtedly stay as 5th or 6th option in CM. Won't do him much good if he won't get to play at all.
I'd rather we keep Pazienza as option #6 next season (we buy Montolivo and some other guy) while Marrone gets a full season or two at some small team.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He won't get many chances in the near future. Even if we lose one of Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio to injury, some other CM will be preferred to Marrone.
It's smarter to do a "Marchisio to Empoli" at this point. If he stays in Juve he'll undoubtedly stay as 5th or 6th option in CM. Won't do him much good if he won't get to play at all.
I'd rather we keep Pazienza as option #6 next season (we buy Montolivo and some other guy) while Marrone gets a full season or two at some small team.
I agree with Pazienza as 5th or 6th, but marrone should be right there next to him. Besides, wasn't Marrone already on loan last season to Siena?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Adding Montolivo would not be shooting ourselves in the leg, quite the opposite.

How would Melo leave for free? He'll bought by Gala or another team for sure for €10m-13m.

If we sell Melo to Gala for €13m and buy Montolivo for €5mish we add one player to our first team squad. Not to mention €8m recovered.

Yes, decent cover vs Bologna's B team. Pazienza does not have the passing to cover for Pirlo who would most likely go out from injuries or whatever. Montolivo would provide decent depth for this as no players can pass long like Pirlo. Marrone, who looks promising, would struggle in big Serie A games at the moment. Giaccherini is a winger.

Montolivo would not be supposed to challenge a starting place for Pirlo, Vidal or Marchisio.

If you climbed out from under that rock, you would see that we do need another good CM.

Montolivo is not crap.

Also, did you ever think that Conte does not want Melo because of his attitude and shit mentality?
How lose him for free?
With the typical way our management had handled all those situations so far.
Exactly how we lost Tiago, of course, by extending his loan until his contract expires...
or even worse, the Amauri way, by keeping him on the bench, pay his salary, until his contract expires.

Buy selling a 25mil player for 9-13 mil you dont make a profit, you make horrible loses.
Why extend the damage and get forced to buy yet another player, if you only need depth, Melo wouldnt be bad for depth and we wouldnt be losing all that money.
(the difference of the one we invested and the one we will make from a possible sale, plus the extra cash needed for yet another player)

Montolivo wont be able to help in CL either, we will be keeping for the Bolognas, so that we wont have to field Piazenza or Marrone.

And i dont see where this need for yet another CM comes from.
Conte uses a 4-1-3-2

With one deep laying playmaker (CM) 2 lateral midfielders (wingers or speedy SSs) and one more advanced CM (AMF/CM)

We have about 5 wingers (Krasic, Pepe, Giacche, Elia, EstiG) and 5 CMs (Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Piazenza and Marrone)
A pretty much balanced team, that considered the need of an extra winger (Giovinco) and CM (Melo) as surplus, for a season off Europe and so we opted to loan them out.

We had no injuries and we were never sort of solutions in these places. Not even for one match, there was a need for an extra player.
Why would we need him now?

Pirlo has become irreplaceable, but we know that it cant be a player able to replace what Pirlo offers to the team.
Like there was no player to replace Nedved.
And thats definitly not Montolivo. As we have seen yesterday, only Marchisio can come close.

We better start saving money to buy the permanent replacement for the aging Pirlo, than further extend our bench options with mediocrity.
If one of our crappy so far LMs step up and grab their rightful place on the forward left flank of the upper midfield, then we will permanently have to sub one of Vidal and Marchisio.
That means that Pazienza and Marrone would be totally uneeded, let alone if a 6th CM above them in the pecking order appears.

Instead of worrying about that, lets better start looking for a decent starter to replace Bonucci and a possible sub LB to cover Chiellini on an eventual injury/suspension (as we know that DC is always unavailable and we cannot rely on him, not even for a sub role)

In the midfield, i would only bother if we sell Krasic, but even then, we can always use one of EstiG, Elia or Giacche, as Pepe's sub.

Our immediate needs are two defenders, a starter and a sub and then imo a dedicated finisher, as we mostly only have SSs.

PS and Montolivo is crap, who is only considered because of his nationality and NT call.
We have never seen him perform vs quality competition and amongst top teammates.
Melo in the same team was looking as WC, comparing to what Montolivo looks now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marrone & Appelt & Pazienza are more than enough to finish this season on a high. If the first two haven't convinced by end of season, then we look for a CM.

May 4, 2011
Funny how people here are talking about Appelt's ability without even seeing him in a game... SMH. I am all for giving dude a chance, but he is not going to be anywhere near to CL level...assuming we get there next season. Montolivo is a good addition...even if we keep Appelt and Marrone for Coppa games with the thinking that we'll have UCL, Serie A, and Coppa games to contend next season

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Hustini is optimistic about every Primavera player. At some point he's got to hit the jackpot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Funny how people here are talking about Appelt's ability without even seeing him in a game... SMH. I am all for giving dude a chance, but he is not going to be anywhere near to CL level...assuming we get there next season. Montolivo is a good addition...even if we keep Appelt and Marrone for Coppa games with the thinking that we'll have UCL, Serie A, and Coppa games to contend next season
I am talking about not buying a CM this winter, we don't need it IMO. We have some good cover as it is. Wait to see how the young ones develope the rest of the season before blowing pay roll on another CM is all I am saying.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
hmm yea Cameron is a little optimistic about Appelt.
More optimistic about Marrone to be honest. Sure, it will be nice to see Appelt there as well.

Hustini is optimistic about every Primavera player. At some point he's got to hit the jackpot.
I've been right before, but to say about every Primavera player is a lie. Marrone & Sorensen are my little gems. Love em, appelt I am pumped to see as well.

Every Primavera player? Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)