Riccardo Calafiori - D LC - Bologna (3 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
problem with huijsen is that he's still very weak in duels. bremer or even gatti win ~60% of their aerials, huijsen (195 tall guy) wins ~50%. ground duels even worse, ~40%.

his passing is very good though. would make a good dm lol
That's what I was thinking. We should convert him to a DM. Even plays like one.

Jun 16, 2020
problem with huijsen is that he's still very weak in duels. bremer or even gatti win ~60% of their aerials, huijsen (195 tall guy) wins ~50%. ground duels even worse, ~40%.

his passing is very good though. would make a good dm lol
His age is relevant here though, experience helps a lot, besides that gaining strength isn’t very difficult

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
His age is relevant here though, experience helps a lot, besides that gaining strength isn’t very difficult
Agree, building strength is a summer's work if he is dedicated to establish a core. Experience helps the technical aspects of defending. Acerbi can't run, can't jump, admittedly tall and not weak. But he is not a physical beast. But he, like Chiellini, knew when to nudge, how to nudge, what to nudge, and so on, to win the duel or influence the duel. I'd like to keep him around as third choice and play against weaker side when we - with a new coach - can dominate possession and utilize his passing range.

As long as everyone keep telling him to not watch videos of Bonucci's heels aka his only ability to defend. Instead, show him video of great defenders and let Barzagli hone him while he receives a lot of rotational time. If he can pickup some of that he will outshine Bonucci very soon.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I've tried gaining muscle for years now. How does it work?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah Yildiz is deceptively strong, he pushes off defenders like ragdolls. Illing jr seems pretty powerful too.
I actually disagree on Yildiz. He gets moved around very often. But maybe he needs to evolve his stunt game and draw some fouls instead

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I actually disagree on Yildiz. He gets moved around very often. But maybe he needs to evolve his stunt game and draw some fouls instead
Quit your job and become a full time professional athlete and hire several of the best physiotherapist, coaches, psychologists, nutritionists, doctors, etc., in the world. Have them available to you full time and devoted to you if you say you need to build muscle. Shouldn't be hard! ;)

Yildiz seems a bit inconsistent but has good balance. Sometimes he wrestles some really strong defenders and then last time he flew like a glove against someone (can't remember who), which surprised me. If I would want anything in terms of athleticism from him, it would be a bit quicker feet. A bit faster in acceleration and a bit more stamina for longer bursts.

I saw Bologna last game but not the full game. The parts I watched Calafiori had nothing to do really. What are his strengths? I only know of him as a LB in FM, where I used to sign him from Roma.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe because it's fresh in your mind Kayode physically beating him in shoulder barge duels last game, but Kayode is extra strong for a RB.

But generally I seen Yildiz retaliate on defenders who try to bully him by with strong aggression and balance. He is no punk and has enough deceptive strength to work with.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Maybe because it's fresh in your mind Kayode physically beating him in shoulder barge duels last game, but Kayode is extra strong for a RB.

But generally I seen Yildiz retaliate on defenders who try to bully him by with strong aggression and balance. He is no punk and has enough deceptive strength to work with.
Oh right it was Kayode, now I remember.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

True.. I was super impressed by Kayode in this game by the way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)