Ricardo Rodriguez (4 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Uh, you do mean before and after taxes?

Anyways, it also seems like Wolfsburg not only offered him 4 mil a year, but 4 mil more then his current salary(something around 2 - 3 mil) per season.
Even in that case 3+4mln that's around 3.5mln after tax which is what we are paying Evra.

Bar Bayern and to an extent Dortmund all other german clubs are minows both as a brand and economically to us.

Yes I do, given that Golfsburg's paying huge salaries thanks to Volkswagen.
Or how the heck do you believe they got Luiz Gustavo(Bayern), Perisic(Dortmund) or De Bruyne(Chelsea) to sign with them?
Huge wages compared to Sampdoria maybe, they have a 100mln turnover. :howler:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
Even in that case 3+4mln that's around 3.5mln after tax which is what we are paying Evra.

Bar Bayern and to an extent Dortmund all other german clubs are minows both as a brand and economically to us.

Huge wages compared to Sampdoria maybe, they have a 100mln turnover. :howler:
They're close(if not on level) with Dortmund and Schalke with their salaries.
Or why the heck do you think all those players signed there and the FFP is currently investigating their "special situation" thanks to Volkswagen?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes I do, given that Golfsburg's paying huge salaries thanks to Volkswagen.
Or how the heck do you believe they got Luiz Gustavo(Bayern), Perisic(Dortmund) or De Bruyne(Chelsea) to sign with them?
look, Juve wouldnt have any problem matching any of those wages you mentioned. the problem with Rodriguez and the reason Juventus wont get him is the huge release clause he will have if he renews his contract (35M i think). Juventus would never pay that for a fullback. now if he doesent renew we still have slim chances as i can see other big clubs being after him, like PSG who have Maxvell at LB. only if he refuses other offers and requests to come here then we can get him.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
look, Juve wouldnt have any problem matching any of those wages you mentioned. the problem with Rodriguez and the reason Juventus wont get him is the huge release clause he will have if he renews his contract (35M i think). Juventus would never pay that for a fullback. now if he doesent renew we still have slim chances as i can see other big clubs being after him, like PSG who have Maxvell at LB. only if he refuses other offers and requests to come here then we can get him.
Look, I was just throwing this out their and if you belive Juve can pay that then it's fine.
Still, would Juve really want to pay that much salary to a fullback?

Also, I don't really see Rodriguez coming here thanks to the things you suggested as he can pick and choose the club of his liking and with clubs in England, Spain and even PSG being, currently, a bit more "sexy" then Juve in Serie A.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Look, I was just throwing this out their and if you belive Juve can pay that then it's fine.
Still, would Juve really want to pay that much salary to a fullback?

Also, I don't really see Rodriguez coming here thanks to the things you suggested as he can pick and choose the club of his liking and with clubs in England, Spain and even PSG being, currently, a bit more "sexy" then Juve in Serie A.
we are paying Evra 3.5M before taxes and Licht is about to renew for 2.5M-3M before taxes so i dont really see a reason why we couldt.

about the bolded part, i agree mostly. but he cant exactly chose where he wants to play. there are certain clubs that have better or equally good players on his position so they probably wont bother entering a bidding war. PSG and City are most likely to get him if he agrees to go there. and Juve cant compete with those two clubs when it comes to paying for a player so we arent getting him.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
They're close(if not on level) with Dortmund and Schalke with their salaries.
Or why the heck do you think all those players signed there and the FFP is currently investigating their "special situation" thanks to Volkswagen?
I know Dortmund's wage bill is less than 100m ,i think around the 80m mark.Not sure about Schalke's or Wolfsburg's.If you say Wolfsburg's salaries are 'close' to BVB and Schalke ,its still considerably less than Juve's(who have a 120m wage bill).

And i'm pretty sure wages in Germany are always posted as gross figures(England too).In Italy,its net.This is one of the reasons often leading to the misconception that Italy's leading clubs pay really low salaries in comparison to their German or English counterparts which isnt true.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
And people think English players are over-priced !!
Well, he's been one of the best LBs in europe for almost two years now, still very young and playing in a position where wolrdclass players are notoriously rare.

It's not like he's a 27 years old winger with one solid season and a two or three good NT-outings à la Lallana :D

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
And people think English players are over-priced !!
They are.
Though, that's because of all that investors which makes every guy that can run straight forward without breaking a leg worth at least 10 mil. :p

And i'm pretty sure wages in Germany are always posted as gross figures(England too).In Italy,its net.This is one of the reasons often leading to the misconception that Italy's leading clubs pay really low salaries in comparison to their German or English counterparts which isnt true.
Could be.
The thing always reported is that players in Italy, England and Spain are considered as artists, which gives them a huge tax break compared to Germany.
But whatever the heck...

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Well, he's been one of the best LBs in europe for almost two years now, still very young and playing in a position where wolrdclass players are notoriously rare.

It's not like he's a 27 years old winger with one solid season and a two or three good NT-outings à la Lallana :D
He has not been great in the Europa.....and has he even played in the Champions league ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)