Report: Milan - Juve close to 'blockbuster' swap/trade. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Gazzetta dello Sport; TuttoSport; Corriere della Sera: April 1, 2004

Franco Arturi - In what is being touted as one of the biggest swaps of the last 10 years in Serie A by journalists came to light yesterday via unconfirmed reports from both sides. Apparently the giants of Milano and Torino have been in negotiations in a deal which could see Portugese playmaker Manuel Rui Costa, midfielder Massimo Ambrosini as well as back-up keeper Christian Abbiati head to Torino while defenders Gianluca Zambrotta and midfielder Enzo Maresca will head to Milano for the San Siro. Calls were not returned yesterday but officials neither denied nor confirmed the reports. Sources at the Juventus say a deal with Milan in inevitable as both teams have a history of swapping players back and forth. Further more, Milan officials Umberto Gandini and Ariedo Braida met with Juve official Roberto Bettega for a late dinner.
However, what may make this more than a rumor was Bettega's comments regarding Rui Costa after the Portugal-Italy friendly yesterday. Bettega stated "I was here on behalf of Juve and not as a fan of the National team...it is the same reason I was in Milan against Parma." Bettega then added with a smile "we are scouting talent."
Thus far, the players implicated have politely declined to comment except for Zambrotta who yesterday admitted "I have many friends at Milan and it is always an honor to be linked to a big team. I will finish my year at Juve and I do expect big changes for this club. I'm not sure how Juve will change in the summer."
Ambrosini has been linked with Juve for years and it is well known that Rui Costa despite strong performances has lost a starting spot to the young Brazilian sensation Kaka. With Abbiati Juve would have a solid back-up for the over played Buffon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
that has to be the crappest deal i have ever seen.

OPur best defender and our bright star central midfielder, for an ageing midfielder and a number 2 keeper???

Surely april fools.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Franco Arturi - In what is being touted as one of the biggest swaps of the last 10 years in Serie A by journalists came to light yesterday via unconfirmed reports from both sides. Apparently the giants of Milano and Torino have been in negotiations in a deal which could see Portugese playmaker Manuel Rui Costa, midfielder Massimo Ambrosini as well as back-up keeper Christian Abbiati head to Torino while defenders Gianluca Zambrotta and midfielder Enzo Maresca will head to Milano for the San Siro. Calls were not returned yesterday but officials neither denied nor confirmed the reports. Sources at the Juventus say a deal with Milan in inevitable as both teams have a history of swapping players back and forth. Further more, Milan officials Umberto Gandini and Ariedo Braida met with Juve official Roberto Bettega for a late dinner.
However, what may make this more than a rumor was Bettega's comments regarding Rui Costa after the Portugal-Italy friendly yesterday. Bettega stated "I was here on behalf of Juve and not as a fan of the National team...it is the same reason I was in Milan against Parma." Bettega then added with a smile "we are scouting talent."
Thus far, the players implicated have politely declined to comment except for Zambrotta who yesterday admitted "I have many friends at Milan and it is always an honor to be linked to a big team. I will finish my year at Juve and I do expect big changes for this club. I'm not sure how Juve will change in the summer."
Ambrosini has been linked with Juve for years and it is well known that Rui Costa despite strong performances has lost a starting spot to the young Brazilian sensation Kaka. With Abbiati Juve would have a solid back-up for the over played Buffon.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Thats a dumbest joke Ive ever hird.....dumbest than a joke,25 years ago when papers said that Yugoslavean war navy will have a demostration in some small lake in Zagreb. Difference between this joke and yours is that people actually came to see the navy :rofl:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
because there was rui costa ;)... he is not bad after all... but why we would want him, when we can go for younger plauymakers :rolleyes:

OP
IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    Well...if I made it too realistic you guys would have been happy

i.e. Kaka and Pirlo or something...the point was to get you going :D

Now if only that press conference is an Aprils fools joke by the folks at Milan :down: :moan:

I have a bad feeling about that one...and the whole Kaka-Sheva thing

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)