Repairing a bricked ipod (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I followed the instructions here, but at the point where I had to use Resource Hacker to get IDR_FIRMWARE-3.2.5, I only found IDR_FIRMWARE-3.2.6.

Bottom line is this: can anyone help me with a guide on how to fix a bricked ipod? Preferably in a Linux platform?

I'll be damned grateful.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't know about a Linux platform, but it's damn easy to do it on Windows iTunes. Just plug your iPod in and click "Repair iPod". This will format the drive and install new firmware

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Won't work Graham. The shyte isn't even being seen as an iPod...:cry:

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Thanks Gray. I'll try it out over the weekend and get back to y'all...

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    No. I've connected the iPod to my PC first (Linux), then to one running Windows, then to a Mac. Not one of them detected the scheisse...

Apr 15, 2006
    i posted this before...one of my friends' iPod got screwed one day, and Winamp read all the music n videos even though iTunes runnin on MAC didnt recognize it! so u might wanna give winamp a try!

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    i posted this before...one of my friends' iPod got screwed one day, and Winamp read all the music n videos even though iTunes runnin on MAC didnt recognize it! so u might wanna give winamp a try!
    Not after I've already formatted the stuff...

Thanks for your concern though. ;)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
    i have a ipod 20 GB photo... for about more years.. never had a problem:p (for all you ipod haters ;)) sorry man but i cant help you.. never touched linux before :(

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Chets, I hope you haven't gone and taken your iPod apart yet.

I wasn't even actively thinking about your problem, but this occurred to me and it could be a simple fix. You said that the USB device shows up but it's not recognised as an iPod right?

Why don't you try formatting the drive? (fat32, full format i.e. not quick format), then after that's done use iTunes to restore the iPod

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    I haven't had the time to take it apart yet. Thanks for the concern Graham.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)